new Scanguage software available

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 06:15 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: new Scanguage software available

Originally Posted by glennb
Brady -

Same here. Blank digits on the SoC....but most of the others are working. SC firmware updated and the service campaign was completed on my FEH........frustrating
Most of the others are working - are battery temp, module delta voltage, and max charge/discharge working? Also, you could try changing the update rate to SLOW or FAST to see if anything shows up for SoC. MORE> MORE> RATE> SLOW.

If there is anybody who can't see *any* of the battery xgauges, let me know. The AWD models have an extra computer, and it is possible the traction battery address is different. For 08's, I think the battery temp PID may have changed.

Here are a few more battery xgauges to try, but generally aren't very useful for everyday driving.

Positive Bus Leakage: (kohms)
TXD: 0745224907
RXF: 46285490607
RXD: 3010
MTH: 02711000000

Negative Bus Leakage: (kohms)
TXD: 0745224908
RXF: 46285490608
RXD: 3010
MTH: 02711000000

Battery Evaporator Temperature: (degrees F) Scaling MAY be off, but gives reasonable values
TXD: 074522995A
RXF: 4628599065A
RXD: 3008
MTH: 000500010000

Battery Maximum Temperature: (degrees F)
TXD: 0745224907
RXF: 46285490607
RXD: 3008
MTH: 0012001FE70

Last edited by DesertDog; 10-26-2007 at 12:22 PM.
Old 10-25-2007, 06:47 AM
Hybrid and Ethanol Expert

There are ( IIRC ) 8 temperture sensors inside the battery pack, and one inside the air duct that may be the evaporator temperature you speak of.

So when you get a "Battery Temperature" number on the SG or on the car's green message center, I am guessing it is reporting the highest of the 8 sensors? But it could be an average of all eight. Do you have separate PID's for HV battery temp and HV battery Max. Temperature?

If so, which one matches what is displayed on the car's green screen when you enter test mode?

Old 10-25-2007, 02:46 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Got my SGII back today. Took only 1 week door to door for the upgrade. Now to see if I can get SoC to display.

Old 10-25-2007, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by DesertDog
Most of the others are working - are battery temp, module delta voltage, and max charge/discharge working? Also, you could try changing the update rate to SLOW or FAST to see if anything shows up for SoC. MORE> MORE> RATE> SLOW.

If there is anybody who can't see *any* of the battery xgauges, let me know. The AWD models have an extra computer, and it is possible the traction battery address is different. For 08's, I think the battery temp PID may have changed.
I'm also getting an all blank display for SoC on my '07 AWD FEH. Tried changing the update rate as suggested but no difference. I also programmed TBV just to confirm my programming and it displayed as expected. I haven't tried any of the other xgauges, but SoC is really the only one I was interested in. Thanks for any help with this.

Update: In reviewing this thread it seems like the SoC isn't working for those of us with AWD, regardless of model year. Has anyone with AWD gotten SoC to display data?

Last edited by econoline; 10-25-2007 at 05:21 PM. Reason: update
Old 10-25-2007, 08:03 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DesertDog
Most of the others are working - are battery temp, module delta voltage, and max charge/discharge working?
I only tried the first four from the list you had in post #7. Here's how those came out:
SoC: blank display
TBV: working
BTM: blank display
TrR: working

Thanks for looking into this Carl.

Old 10-25-2007, 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by econoline

Update: In reviewing this thread it seems like the SoC isn't working for those of us with AWD, regardless of model year. Has anyone with AWD gotten SoC to display data?

I have a 05 AWD and my SoC has worked perfectly from the start. I reprogramed my traction battery voltage and got a reading of 314. I then reprogramed my traction battery temperature and got something like 64 but lost my traction battery voltage reading. Hmm, is there a conflict in trying to get two readings at the same time from the traction battery?

Old 10-25-2007, 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by Billyk
I have a 05 AWD and my SoC has worked perfectly from the start. I reprogramed my traction battery voltage and got a reading of 314. I then reprogramed my traction battery temperature and got something like 64 but lost my traction battery voltage reading. Hmm, is there a conflict in trying to get two readings at the same time from the traction battery?
Okay, well that disposes of my AWD conspiracy theory.

I also got TBV = 314. I'll try displaying both TBV and TBM simultaneously and see what happens. BTW, this might be a case where changing the update rate could have an effect. Were you using "normal"?

Update: I added TBM but it is blank and never displays any data. TBV continues to display correctly with or without TBM. Don't know what all this means yet.

Last edited by econoline; 10-25-2007 at 09:22 PM. Reason: Update
Old 10-25-2007, 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by econoline
Okay, well that disposes of my AWD conspiracy theory.

Were you using "normal"?
Yes. If you need a photo, I can post one.

Old 10-25-2007, 09:16 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Billyk
There shouldn't be a problem having more than one battery PID displayed at a time. On my 05 FWD, I can display 4 different battery PIDs at the same time. There is one PID, 4907, that contains 4 different temperatures, and I can only display one at a time.

For those of you who can't get SoC to display, try all of the battery xgauges - those that have a TXD that starts with 074522****
If none of these work, then it is probably a computer address problem that may be able to be resolved.

Old 10-25-2007, 09:29 PM
Enthusiast

I have had traction battery temperature, voltage, and SOC on at the same time and individually without any problems. All are giving normal readings.

Quick Reply: new Scanguage software available

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands