new Scanguage software available

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 07:30 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: new Scanguage software available

Originally Posted by econoline
Brady and I split-up the task and tried the full range of 0700 thru 07F7 for SoC programming of TXD. The SoC display remained blank for every value.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do. Thanks.
DesertDog any news on this? I'm dying to check out SoC before the winter sets in and my mileage tanks...

Old 11-01-2007, 12:18 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I have been thinking about other things to try, but I don't want to waste more people's time unless there is a good chance that a solution will be found. It is extremely difficult for me to try things because all of the battery (074522****) xgauges work on my 05 FWD FEH. Since Don and Brady ruled out an address change for the TBCM, it must be related to time-out or data location. Ford has seemed to follow the SAE standards in implementing the enhanced PIDs, but perhaps they deviated for some reason on 2006 and up AWDs.

Ron is at a conference in Lost Wages, so I haven't been able to touch base with him about these problems. If I can somehow get my hands on an FEH that has these issues, that might help a lot as I have other things besides the SG to talk to the FEH with.

Old 11-01-2007, 08:27 PM
Red face Re: new Scanguage software available

Thanks for all your efforts so far Carl.....we will just have to find a AWD in the Valley of the Sun for you to play with for part of a day. [If I still lived in Ahwatukee I would have driven over and we could have solved it by now.]

Old 11-01-2007, 08:51 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by glennb
Thanks for all your efforts so far Carl.....we will just have to find a AWD in the Valley of the Sun for you to play with for part of a day. [If I still lived in Ahwatukee I would have driven over and we could have solved it by now.]
I second that. Thanks Carl, we do appreciate your efforts!

I was wondering though if we know (or need to know) which models of FEH have the data addressing problem with SoC. As I recall the problem is confined to AWD models but not every model year is effected. '05 AWD is okay but '07 is not. Don't know about '06 and '08.

Old 11-01-2007, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by glennb
I grew up in Woodbridge, Va. Went to Va. Beach every summer... haven't been back there in a long time, though.

There is a used 2006 AWD FEH for sale at a local dealer. I may try to arrange for a test drive with my laptop listening in, if they'll let me....I test drove a 2006 FWD while my battery recall work was being done and all of the xgauges worked. Salesman was worried that I would somehow damage the car with the SG. Told him I'd buy it if it did.....

Hopefully this xgauge issue with AWDs can be solved with the existing firmware. I feel kinda bad that some people bought and/or upgraded just to get the battery info and are out in the (soon to be) cold. I know that having the info has helped me improve my MPG quite a bit and I believe it will do so for many others, too.

Old 11-05-2007, 10:24 AM
Active Enthusiast

Just received my updated SCII today and entered the the first two items : TBV works - shows btetween 316 and 316 however the SOC is blank.. Mine is an '08 AWD FEH.. Gonna let you smart guys figure this out... and I'll follow

Old 11-05-2007, 05:53 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by KC Rusty
TBV works - shows btetween 316 and 316
That's a pretty narrow range! Those 08s must be built Ford tough.

Old 11-06-2007, 06:25 AM
Active Enthusiast

as far as the close range is concerned - I only ran it in the garage to datermine if it was working... for about two minutes -- my major concern is the SOC is not working.. sorry if the range was misleading
UPDATE - went out for lunch and the battery ranged between 316 and 365.. If this is a 330v battery pack and the SCII is reading volts - then why does it read over 350 a lot of the time.. I thought it was supposed to vary between 65 and 85 % full -- ???

Last edited by KC Rusty; 11-06-2007 at 02:00 PM.
Old 11-07-2007, 10:06 AM
Enthusiast

I have a 2007 MMH AWD and the SOC matches the info I receive on the NAV screen.

If there is anything I can do of any information I can offer that would assist anyone with resolving this, please let me know.

Old 11-07-2007, 10:29 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by crabby_bob
I have a 2007 MMH AWD and the SOC matches the info I receive on the NAV screen.

If there is anything I can do of any information I can offer that would assist anyone with resolving this, please let me know.
Hi Bob. Are you saying that you have a ScanGauge with the SoC Xgauge programmed per post #7 in this thread, and there is data displayed on the SG for the SoC? If so, do you happen to know what the SG settings are for "mode" and "rate"? Thanks.

Quick Reply: new Scanguage software available

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands