Post for Answers to Buyer Questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2004, 07:45 PM
Active Enthusiast

Attention Potential Buyers of the New Ford Escape SUV Hybrid:

I have some background and experience with this new entry to the Hybrid Market.

Early on I went through some of the same hurdles that you are now encountering in trying to decide if this is the right car, or the right Hybrid for you.

I had to learn about the technology. I had to learn about the Ford product and whether it would fit my needs. I had to decide whether I wanted to order and wait and wonder whether I was too early or too late. Do I trust my dealer?

I offer an answer to all posts although a final answer may take some time.

If any of you have the same concerns and want to move to the Ford product and not wait for Toyota or Lexus, or if you believe the Prius, Insight, or Honda will not meet your needs, please post your concerns.

I will do my honest best to answer you with my own experience to date.

Mike

Old 12-17-2004, 11:27 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Hi Sdcatcher:

___Owning an 03 Ford (Ranger XLT) as well as a 03 Toyota (Corolla LE), and 2 Honda products (00 Insight and 03 MDX), I had the best dealership experience when purchasing the Ford although the first Ford dealership I dealt with wasn’t worth a ****. The Honda Insight purchase was a joy as well. The MDX purchase was a SOB and the Toyota … well it was ok given the 8 week or so runaround

___As far as overall car purchase and ownership experiences, Ford has a lot of catching up to do and I suspect FMC will attempt to put their best foot forward with the Escape HEV although their dealerships like most manufacturers dealerships can be problematic with forced ad-on’s, MSRP +, and MVA’s added onto what is our second most expensive purchase for most …

___Anyway, I wanted to bring up that the Ford Ranger XLT has been and still is a pleasure to drive for its amenities, the great price I procured her for, the utility she provides, the quality (she has never seen a dealership for anything since she left the dealerships lot), and the FE I have received when not towing 4,000 #’s worth of landscape gear. Here is a write-up I did over at Acuramdx.org the night I picked her up with all the details as far as what I hope future Ford Escape HEV owners can and will receive in terms of the overall purchase experience as well as many trouble free miles and years down the road.

Have you purchased a Ford Lately?

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___Waynegerdes@earthlink.net

Old 12-18-2004, 08:26 AM
Red
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

The prices for the 2005 Ford Escape Hybrid went up a bit on Dec. 13, 2004. MSRP for the FWD is now $26,780 (base) vs $26,380 at introduction. The AWD went up $400 also to $28,405. Option prices and delivery charges stayed the same.

If you have a "retail" order in the system prior to 12/13, it should be price protected. If you change the order (add/delete/change an option before it is scheduled, you will get the new price.

Old 12-20-2004, 05:33 PM
Active Enthusiast

Thanks Wayne. I agree that Ford has been pretty good with their products but they are a bit disconnected as yet in the Hybrid Dept. I just got the means to tow that they could not supply and am still trying to find a oil filter. Most dealers are clueless. They just want to sell and face the problems later.

Thanks Red for your info. I am trying to help update our specs. list and I will add your updated figures.

Mike