Removing Tweeter grill on 07 FEH?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 11:14 AM
Enthusiast
Default Removing Tweeter grill on 07 FEH?

I am upgrading the speakers on my FEH with Infinity replacements that I got from Crutchfield. For the front I am going with component speakers and am planning on installing the woofers in the door, velcroing the crossovers inside the door and replacing the tweeters in the sail panels on the doors. The instructions I got from Crutchfield talk about how to remove the door trim to replace the woofer but dont mention how to access the tweeters. Can anyone who has done this before let me know if there are any tricks to removing the tweeter cover or if I should just try to pry it off - Id rather not damage it if I can avoid it.

Thanks

Tim C

Old 07-24-2007, 05:49 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Removing Tweeter grill on 07 FEH?

The tweeter cover just snaps off but you have to have the door panel off first as the factory crossover is under the panel.

I have 2 pairs of Infinity component speakers in my 06 (with a 4 channel MTX AMP under the drivers seat) & it sounds awesome.

I installed Dynamat Supreme under all four speakers before the install.

~John