Speed control switches

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2006, 05:56 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Speed control switches

I was driving my wife'e FEH last night to work and noticed the speed control switches on the steering wheel don't light up! That kinda sucks. My F-150's light up. It's the first time I noticed it because we've only had it 2 weeks and I think that is the second time I've driven it at night. Are you guys left in the dark when using cruise at night too, or do I need to take it in to be repaired?

BTW, average econ is up to 29.2! Works for me!

Old 07-12-2006, 08:12 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Speed control switches

They don't light up, its normal for this vehicle. I find I can feel my way to them in the dark just fine though.

Old 07-12-2006, 10:04 AM

I don't mind that they don't light up - it takes no time to memorize their position on the wheel.

What drives me nuts though is that the button to adjust the brightness of the dashboard lights isn't lit. Ever try to find that little *&^% in the dark? It's easy to find in daylight when you don't need it.....

Old 07-12-2006, 12:24 PM
Prof. of Hybridology

Not to mention there's the dimples and depressions, as well as the vastly different button shapes, it's pretty easy to use all the buttons on the CC without looking in the day or night.

Old 07-12-2006, 02:17 PM
Active Enthusiast

Thanks for the info. I'm glad I didn't take it in for service. I had a feeling they didn't light up, as my friend's 2004 Mustang window switches didn't light up. I thought that was crazy. Ford is kinda inconsistant with stuff like that. Oh well like you guys said, once you know where the buttons are you don't need lights on them. I actually was using it with no problems last night anyway, because the buttons are arranged like my 2001 F-150.

Old 07-12-2006, 03:53 PM
It is easy being green

i dont know why they didnt just make it light up anyhoo. i dont use the cc that often, so i am not use to the set up and need to see glance at it when i juse it. specialy seeing as when the driver locks the windows, the window buttons are no longer are lit on the passanger and back seat doors.

Old 07-12-2006, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by KermitCar
i dont know why they didnt just make it light up anyhoo. i dont use the cc that often, so i am not use to the set up and need to see glance at it when i juse it. specialy seeing as when the driver locks the windows, the window buttons are no longer are lit on the passanger and back seat doors.
Oh you had to bring up the window lockout switch, didn't you? As one myself I have to say I am ashamed that one of my fellow engineers came up with such a retarded design. Every other car that I have ever driven that has power windows ALLOWS the driver to still control the passenger windows while locking out the passengers ability to control them. My 3 year old son gets a kick out of putting the window up/down while I try to do the opposite and then immediately lock him out. It's comical at times but still horrible design. If I as the driver have the ability to control the override switch, why not just give me control of the remote windows all the time?

So as not to stray off-topic, I am glad Ford left the cruise control buttons in the same general configuration as previous vehicles. I am surprised, but glad.

Old 07-12-2006, 10:57 PM
Hybrid and Ethanol Expert

Wow... that's a little tidbit I myself, self proclaimed FEH guru didn't know. As Ben Stein would say on his gameshow... "I am deeply humbled.... "

#1 I don't have kids, so never use the window lock
#2 I'm never EVER in the backseat

-John

...seeing as when the driver locks the windows, the window buttons are no longer lit on the passanger and back seat doors.

Old 07-13-2006, 12:00 AM
It is easy being green

i found out one night when my bf locked the windows to stop my 3 year old from playing with it. i think is really cool.

Old 07-13-2006, 06:23 AM

i found out one night when my bf locked the windows to stop my 3 year old from playing with it. i think is really cool.
Its cool that the lights go out.... I think his complaint is that its not so cool that the driver can't control the windows either.

I kinda like it cause I have no kids. In my case its to prevent me from putting the windows down and forgetting them.... but I see the point. Some day when I have kids I'll probably really hate it.

Quick Reply: Speed control switches

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands