Engine Miss in new HAH

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2006, 05:33 PM
Enthusiast
Default Engine Miss in new HAH

I am very happy with my new HAH, but as I approach the 700 mile mark, I have developed a very distinct engine miss under certain acceleration conditions. These are usually after slowing down to 10 MPH or so, and then re-accelerating. When I do this I get a very distinct pop under the hood. Engine misfire through the intake. I have a test drive with the service manager tomorrow.

Just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience, or possible thoughts of what it could be.

I think it could be one or a combination of the following...
Computer Control
EGR Valve
Bad Gas

Thanks,
Bill

Old 12-04-2006, 06:27 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Engine Miss in new HAH

par for the course! Mine always does that too.

Old 12-05-2006, 05:50 PM
Enthusiast

I don't recall mine ever doing that. I'll be interested to hear what it is.

Old 12-05-2006, 08:12 PM
Enthusiast

My test drive got put off until Thurs Morning. I will update when I have more...

Spent some time on the way home from work tonight to analyze and characterize the issue...

Always happens from first to second, and second to third.
Sometimes when the IMA kicks in it can cause it.

Always during acceleration, whether hard or gentle, and the miss aproximates the level of acceleration, the harder the acceleration, the harder the miss. If I stomp on it, I can hear a loud audible pop from under the hood.

Not bad for a caar with less than 700 miles eh?

Bill

Last edited by Redapple; 12-05-2006 at 08:17 PM.
Old 12-06-2006, 10:49 AM
Active Enthusiast

Not had this problem with my '06, which now has over 11k code-free miles on it. Haven't even had a battery recal yet.

Old 12-07-2006, 10:52 AM
Enthusiast

Took it in this morning, and took the Shop Manager on a test drive, and it did it. He agreed that it was NOT normal. They are working on it now...

Stay Tuned...

Bill

Old 12-07-2006, 12:32 PM
Enthusiast

Interesting. I wonder if mine is a little different. The "pop" I get seems to come when I step on the gas at low speed and the IMA kicks in, but only for a split-second. It happens when I step on the gas a little too hard for the IMA to really come on. If I step on the gas a little less, it does not happen. Does that sound like yours?

Old 12-07-2006, 02:35 PM
Enthusiast

Yes it does seem similar. But it is relatively consistent at this point. I did ask him about that and he said he wasn't sure. He did agree that it wasn't normal under any condition though.
I haven't gotten any calls yet.
I'll let you know..

Bill

Old 12-22-2006, 07:34 AM
Enthusiast

I have to say that the dealership has done some serious back pedaling on this one. Even though the shop foreman verbally told me that it was not normal, they are now saying it is normal. They had the car for a couple of days, and just getting them to give me a loaner was an issue, this on a car with less than 800 miles. (It had exactly 700 when I brought it in). I am not thrilled with my Honda experience and at this point wish I never traded in my GMC. I had that for almost 3 years with no issues. Other than being expensive to run (It was a 1 ton diesel CC). And this morning I had a new problem, my trip meter in the navi cleared by itself. WTF. I thought Hondas were supposed to be good. My initial impressions are overshadowed right now because I feel like I got a car that was put together out of leftover 06 parts on a Saturday.

Bill

Old 12-22-2006, 08:29 AM
Enthusiast

Really sorry to hear about all your problems! I've had mine for a year and not once have I had a glitch. This is my 4th Accord and 7th Honda and I keep going back because I don't have problems with them! Contact the regional office and complain. You can always go to the Attorney General's office if they won't hear your concerns.

Good Luck,

Paul

Quick Reply: Engine Miss in new HAH

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands