Website Questions & Input Suggestions and inquiries about Electric Vehicle Forums are welcome here.

MixedPower.com taking articles from Greenhybrid.com

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2005, 12:50 PM
Banned
Default Re: MixedPower.com taking articles from Greenhybrid.com

Originally Posted by efusco
I'm one of those plagerized authors and can assure you I am not at all happy about the plagerism. ... but also just as clear is I'm personally suffering no harm and can't do much more than write a few letters and make some demands without laying out cash that I will almost certainly never be able to recover. I seriously doubt that mixedpower has makes enough money to make a lawsuit worthwhile.
Good Point.
No reason to sue someone who has nothing. You gain nothing & lose a lot (money/time/stress). Better to spill hot coffee on yourself, and sue someone with millions (like McDonalds). ;-)
troy

Last edited by Jason; 05-12-2005 at 01:32 PM.
Old 05-12-2005, 01:31 PM
Banned
Default Re: MixedPower.com taking articles from Greenhybrid.com

I don't think money is the issue in this case.

Many forums are created (as this one is) to simply form a community of people with common interests.

When another forum steals content from someone else, they are hurting it's livelihood.

When reasoning and ethics fail to prompt people to do "the right thing", force or fear may.

I would not announce intent not to sue, but instead let the offender think about that possiblity....