Journalism & The Media Television, radio, movies, newspapers, magazines, the Internet and more.

Should you buy used

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 05:40 AM
Enthusiast
Default Should you buy used

Just passing along this story,

Should you buy a used Hybrid?

Old 01-22-2008, 06:43 AM
Engineering first
Default Re: Should you buy used

Originally Posted by willie'
Just passing along this story,

Should you buy a used Hybrid?
No problem. As for the report, it was interesting until they cited "Consumer Affairs." The next 'page' cites "Consumer Reports" but "Consumer Affairs" is a notorious, hybrid skeptic, shill. The other problem is the prejudice view that we're all green, "If, however, you're determined to have a "greener" car . . . and let [rjw] others know you care about the environment . . ."

Yesterday the guy who does our lawn came over while I was working on my Prius and started talking about his opinions about global warming. I told him, "You know, I just believe that gas is $3/gallon and will soon enough be at $4/gallon. I'm concerned about the green in my wallet." Then we had a great discussion that eventually wandered to my muzzle loader targets and local hunting options. He is getting about 17 MPG and I talked about the Ford Escape and some of the used ones that should be coming on the market.

I wanted to talk about the Tahoe/Yukon but with only 10,000 in the first year and a starting price over $50,000, this was not really something in his price range.

Bob Wilson

Old 01-22-2008, 08:29 AM
Just me...

Originally Posted by bwilson4web
I told him, "You know, I just believe that gas is $3/gallon and will soon enough be at $4/gallon. I'm concerned about the green in my wallet."
that was the biggest "green" factor in my decision... of course, it can't hurt the other green, can it?

Old 01-22-2008, 01:23 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bwilson4web
No problem. As for the report, it was interesting until they cited "Consumer Affairs." The next 'page' cites "Consumer Reports" but "Consumer Affairs" is a notorious, hybrid skeptic, shill. The other problem is the prejudice view that we're all green, "If, however, you're determined to have a "greener" car . . . and let [rjw] others know you care about the environment . . ."
One thing I learned, just because they are in a hybrid doesn't mean they are a green zombie. So don't ***_um_e they are, find out for myself instead of judging.

Seems I am bumping into Hybrid owners of all types and reasons. Which is good for the Hybrid market as a whole.

Old 01-22-2008, 06:04 PM
Energy Independence

Absolutely. I'm a little green, but not overly.
But I'm very green about my wallet.
And passionate about sending less money terrorists' way.

Old 01-25-2008, 02:30 PM
Omnia Gloria Fugit

muzzle loader targets
O yea! 1853 pattern Enfield 80 gr of FF, 530 gr old style mini , 600 yard buffalo steel target , clang first shot priceless.