Journalism & The Media Television, radio, movies, newspapers, magazines, the Internet and more.

Will the battery in my hybrid keep going?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2006, 03:35 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Will the battery in my hybrid keep going?

Its funny that your fear of my opinion leads you to such an extent to go out of your way to try and belittle it But to me it is ignorance like this that drives me to want to present my experiences, Since I have been a Hybrid owner for 5 years and you have been one for a few months. I am going by my experiences and you are going by hope.

Even as little as a year and a half ago i was on the bandwagon that you are currently riding. Ive been their my friend, and I will be here when you are in my shoes (That is if you have enough faith in your car to take it to 160K)

Old 03-14-2006, 03:36 PM
Go Army!

I dont understand how you guys lump Engine failure to battery failure as being the same.
Uh, because they're both inevitable?

Some engines will fail more quickly than others. Some batteries will fail more quickly than others. Some transmissions will fail more quickly than others. Pretty simple.

Old 03-14-2006, 03:48 PM
YA RLY.

Originally Posted by Hondasucks
Its funny that your fear of my opinion leads you to such an extent to go out of your way to try and belittle it
Read the text on the first pic again. We know your opinion. You say the exact same thing every time someone has something negative to say about hybrids. Please put a different record on the Victrola (Vic-troll-a? ).

Old 03-14-2006, 03:49 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by David Harville
Uh, because they're both inevitable?

Some engines will fail more quickly than others. Some batteries will fail more quickly than others. Some transmissions will fail more quickly than others. Pretty simple.
Your right

Lets say you take a regular car with a 5 speed transmission and a regalr gas engine. At some point they are going to fail, but with century of development in the gas engine we can safly say it is a pretty reliable technology that should have statistical failure be in a comfotable position.

But still, We have 2 MAJOR componets which can possible fail and disable your vehicle. Now lets take a Hybrid, We take those 2 Major componets and add a 3rd, MUCH newer component which is being tested in all honestly by the end user. All else aside, the addition of a 3rd variable will make it more likley to fail, that third being a battery which is now proving to not outlast the engines and transmissions. And you want to put it in the same reliablility category? Please....

Dont you find it kind of odd that Mfg will NOT release failure statistics for battery packs? Dont you think if it was ubsurdly low, like lets say less then 2% they would want to advertise such a thing??? They arent publishing these numbers for a reason. They are Keeping the costs and doing the replacements to keep a lid on the sevarity of it

Last edited by Hondasucks; 03-14-2006 at 03:51 PM.
Old 03-14-2006, 04:17 PM
Go Army!

Failure statistics? How about 100%?

Do you honestly think that the manufacturers would put a product out there that fails "too often" while still under warranty? They're out to make money, and the length of the warranty is based on that desire.

Enough black helicopter talk for me, I'm done with this thread.

Old 03-14-2006, 04:47 PM
Banned
Default Reasonable Suggestion to the Skeptics

Last I checked, there are not that many hybrid forums around. There are a lot more muscle car, truck, etc. forums.

May I make a very reasonable suggestion to the hybrid skeptics? Set up your own anti-hybrid forum. If hybrid battery packs are the 21st century equvalent of the Ford Pinto exploding gas tanks, droves will come to your site. Since you are so sure this will happen, why not set up your own forum?

Last edited by Delta Flyer; 03-14-2006 at 05:02 PM.
Old 03-14-2006, 05:23 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Reasonable Suggestion to the Skeptics

Originally Posted by Delta Flyer
Last I checked, there are not that many hybrid forums around. There are a lot more muscle car, truck, etc. forums.

May I make a very reasonable suggestion to the hybrid skeptics? Set up your own anti-hybrid forum. If hybrid battery packs are the 21st century equvalent of the Ford Pinto exploding gas tanks, droves will come to your site. Since you are so sure this will happen, why not set up your own forum?

They already are and who know's, I might. And you know what? I will welcome healthy debate, both positive and negative if I do because it doesnt scare me

Old 03-14-2006, 05:42 PM
Banned

To say everyone that surfs www.blackholehonda.ca is endorsing your point of view is like saying the hits you make at GreenHybrid endorses hybrids. Without a forum, there is no way to tell.

Old 03-14-2006, 05:45 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Delta Flyer
To say everyone that surfs www.blackholehonda.ca is endorsing your point of view is like saying the hits you make at GreenHybrid endorses hybrids. Without a forum, there is no way to tell.
I have never, EVER made such a claim. I am simply providing the world with my experiences and they can interpret it however they want!

Old 03-14-2006, 05:54 PM
Banned

Before I call it a night, set up your own forum and prove you have (or will have) legions supporting your point of view. Put up or shut up.

Good night

Quick Reply: Will the battery in my hybrid keep going?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands