Battery problem by long time parked.

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2017, 03:42 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Battery problem by long time parked.

Hey guys,

I have a 2016 Toyota Highlander Hybrid. I parked it in my driveway for 2 weeks. Going away on a business trip. Came back yesterday. Try to open my Highlander with the smart remote. It's won't open. So, I try manually opening it with a key. Finally got inside. Try to start the engine. Nothing happen.
Can someone please help me out? Please tell me what is wrong? I did get a RSA to jump start my highlander. It's took almost half an hour to charged up the battery. It's driving fine for now. I'm a little worry about future issues.
Does anyone know anything about this issue?

Thanks!

JT

Old 08-07-2017, 08:53 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Battery problem by long time parked.

Yes. Your 12V battery was flattened by the smart key system, somebody left a dome light on, or your battery is defective.

12V batteries can fail at any time for many reasons at any age.

I recommend immediate replacement if you can't identify the cause of the drain. For future periods of extended sitting, I recommend you disconnect your 12V negative cable. The manual likely requires this for 30 days and longer.