CAMRY and HYBRID badge removal

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2006, 10:28 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Arrow CAMRY and HYBRID badge removal

Good news! The clunky HYBRID badges on the side of the Camry are the standard taped-in-place removable type.

As soon as my car arrives, the first order of business will be a quick streamlining surgery to remove ALL taped-on badges, including CAMRY and HYBRID symbols on the trunk lid and sides.

Old 05-06-2006, 10:36 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: CAMRY and HYBRID badge removal

heh - stealth car. People will be asking, WTF's that? How bout shaving the door handles too?

Old 05-06-2006, 10:43 AM
Arrow Re: CAMRY and HYBRID badge removal

When they grow hair on 'em, I'll shave 'em!

Wondering... will a Lexus logo badge fit in place of the front/rear Toyota badges? (Mostly kidding.)

Old 05-06-2006, 04:25 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

why?

Old 05-06-2006, 05:57 PM

I'll keep the trunk badges but I really hate those side HYBRID badges near the doors. I'll definitely remove them when I get the car.

Old 05-06-2006, 10:12 PM

I understand this from an aesthetics standpoint, but I'd feel a little odd removing badges from an already pretty well "stealthed" hybrid like the HCH or Ford Escape Hybrid. First Responders use those badges, among other telltale signs (unique vehicle features, eg. the center roofmounted antenna on the HCH or the rear side window vent on the driver's side of a Ford Escape Hybrid), to determine if a vehicle they're about to work on is a hybrid. I'd hate for my aesthetics to put a First Responder in extra jeopardy, though it's unlikely they'd not notice pretty quickly. They probably can spot things about vehicles faster than most of us common folk can, and react accordingly.

Just a thought, though.

Old 05-08-2006, 11:24 AM
Enthusiast

Are there aftermarket badges that could be used to replace what Steve and CG are afraid of blemishing their cars? I too would not put a first responder in danger because of my fear of clunkiness but I don't want the clunkiness.

Old 05-08-2006, 01:05 PM

I'm not sure I get all this. Is it something to do with not wanting people to know you're driving a hybrid? Or is this just a general feeling of 'my car shouldn't be a billboard for the manufacturer?'

If you just want to take off the logos and insignia etc. because you think of it like taking off the product packaging when you buy something, that's one thing, (personally I think everyone should get rid of those tacky license plate holders that advertise the dealership- they just cover up part of the plates and look awful) but if you're actively disclaiming the hybrid part of the product packaging, then I'd be interested to hear your motives. Ashamed of your hybrid? Or something else?

Old 05-08-2006, 01:37 PM

btw, I happen to love the Ford hybrid logo (obvious, I guess, from my choice of avatar here) and wouldn't remove it or the ESCAPE name or anything else. It's part of the vehicle, to me, and removing it would mean something was "missing". That and I've seen how much replacements go for in the aftermarket ($35 or $40 for one Ford hybrid logo w/sticky ready for application, if I remember correctly; I randomly stumbled upon it while searching for accessories for the Ford Escape Hybrid, and a spare plastic part that mysteriously popped off that I'm waiting for my 5k service to have the service dept. replace.)

Last edited by GeekGal; 05-08-2006 at 01:40 PM.
Old 05-08-2006, 04:01 PM

I just think it's tacky having hybrid badges on the side. Same with GT or GTI or whatever; I don't think that crap should be plastered all over the car.

Quick Reply: CAMRY and HYBRID badge removal

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands