coastal lockpick2 out for camry dvd input screen unlocked

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 02:25 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: coastal lockpick2 out for camry dvd input screen unlocked

Originally Posted by brentw59
Hey bkushner I know you have the lockpick2 installed. I have a simple question for ya. There are 2 slots to install discs into behind the screen. The top one is for Music and the Bottom one is for the NAV disc. I'm curious with the lockpick2 installed are you able to put DVDS into the slot were you would normaly put Music. Or are you only able to put DVDS into the slot were the NAV disc goes.

I know what the owners manual says but I was curious if the lockpick2 unlocks the stereo so your able to place DVDS into the top audio slot.
I second that question.

It sure would be nice to be able to load up 6 DVD's full of mp3 music files !

Old 05-10-2009, 05:59 PM
Active Enthusiast

I don't know about the mp3 part as I don't use cd's or dvd's for that. The bottom slot is for the dvd map and that won't change. The top is audio and i don't know if the unit can play mp3's or not. The lockpick unlocks all functions that are speed sensitive and also gives you a video input that you can hhok up an ipod or dvd player to and you can watch video while in motion. You can also activate your camera while in forward motion.

Old 05-11-2009, 10:22 AM
Enthusiast

Hi, my name is Jon Pellechia and I'm new to this forum. Just picked up a new 2009 Camry Hybrid with DVD navigation. I took a chance and ordered the Lockpick2 today. Should get it installed when I also get my XM receiver. I'll keep everyone up to date on the how the install goes.

Old 05-11-2009, 07:39 PM
Enthusiast

I got an 09 camry 3 weeks ago. I also have the factory NAV. Yeah the car plays mp3 cds I have 4 loaded up right now. I will stay tuned for your findings jpellech. Hey bkushner can you try something out if you get a chance. Can you try to put a dvd in the music slot of your stereo and see what happens. See if the DVD starts playing. In my 08 scion I had the stock NAV and you could put a dvd in the map slot and with the car in park and the E-Brake pulled the dvd would play just fine if you started driving down the street the screen would go black. I'm guessing its the same thing on this car but it would be cool if the 4 disc changer was able to play mp3 dvds and regular dvds.

Old 05-11-2009, 07:52 PM
Active Enthusiast

No, I inserted a dvd into nav slot, unable to get a picture from it.

Old 05-12-2009, 01:24 PM
Active Enthusiast

You also cannot burn MP3s to a DVD and play them in the TCH.

Old 05-13-2009, 05:29 AM
Enthusiast

I think it may be worth the $200 just to get a good review of this product and some straight answers. My lockpick2 should arrive tomorrow but it may be a few days until i can install it (I've got a newborn girl in the house who takes some time away from my other interests...)

Old 05-13-2009, 12:47 PM
Enthusiast

jpellech, I am looking forward to your comments. I just picked up my 09 Camry Hybrid w/Nav today and I am considering purchasing the lockpick system. I also have a baby in the house so I can sympathize with your time constraints.

Old 05-13-2009, 12:52 PM
Enthusiast

Mine came in today. I'll be installing it tomorrow.

Old 05-13-2009, 09:25 PM
Enthusiast

I decided to install mine tonight. It only took about 30 minutes but I've removed the radio before to install a Vaistech Ipod adapter. The lockpick is easy to install by removing existing plugs from the back of the NAV screen and inserting the keyed plugs from the Lockpick harness. The removed plugs then are inserted into the keyed inline receptables on the harness. It's impossible to plug something incorrectly.

The lockpick adds a DVD mode to the radio which can be accessed with the Disc/AUX button. The harness has three female RCA connectors which can be used connect to an external DVD player or other video device. One yellow composite video cable and a left and right channel audio connector. You cannot use the map DVD player to play a movie and the CD changer will not accept DVD's. You must use an external device. I tested with an external DVD player, the picture and sound were both very good.

The lockpick also unlocks everything that is normally locked while in motion but you have to activate it everytime you want to unblock something. For instance, if you hit destination and see the blocked address input function, you hit the the radio power button quickly twice (or track up on the steering wheel) and it's unlocked. It will stay unlocked as long as you search or are inputting an address but as soon as you hit Guide, it automatically locks again. The same for bluetooth dialing, as soon as you finish dialing the number, it locks again.

The reason for this is that the anytime the lockpick is in unlock mode, map tracking is paused. So if you're watching a DVD (or other video), you can't use the GPS at the same time. Also, when you change back to locked mode, it takes about 5-10 seconds for the GPS to pinpoint your exact location again. I'm not sure I'm crazy about it after this discovery. I thought it would just unlock everything all of the time.

I'm not sure if it does anything about the "I agree" screen because my Vaistech device already solved that issue.

I'm going to mess around with it some more tomorrow and see if I notice anything else.

I uploaded a few pics...I hope.

Last edited by ga20646; 05-13-2009 at 10:20 PM.

Quick Reply: coastal lockpick2 out for camry dvd input screen unlocked

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands