Georgetown, KY tour?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2008, 05:27 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Georgetown, KY tour?

Has anyone been to the KY plant for the tour? How much time do you need for the displays? 1hr? 2hrs? I know the tour is about 1 1/2 hrs. I am going there on 8/8.

Any insight is appreciated.

Thanks,
Ron

Old 08-03-2008, 12:35 PM
old fart
Default Re: Georgetown, KY tour?

tours mon/fri 10:00,noon,2:00. enter at visitors entrance and they will tell you where to park.no cameras,cell phones that take pictures,backpacks,notebooks etc.You will ride through a lot of the plant and im sure you will enjoy it.In the lobby you will see the first camry that they made.My wife works in qual.control second shift.There are somethings you cant see so if you do happen to see something they dont want you to see they will have to shoot you. not really.
I know you will enjoy the tour. have fun

Old 08-03-2008, 01:11 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Thanks, how large is the display area? How long should I allow to go through the display area?

Tell your wife we love our TCH. Averaging 41 MPG, definately helps with a 70 mile daily commute.

The only complaint is Toyota needs to offer a sport version hybrid, like the SE Camry. I added the Razzi ground effects kit, rear spoiler, simulated duals, and fog lights, and tinted windows to mine. It has turned alot of heads especially when people see it is a hybrid.

Old 08-04-2008, 09:18 AM
old fart

The display area with the first camry built is in the lobby where first go in.other than the office area thats all that is there.You will enjoy riding through the plant.I took the tour long ago.
They closed the plant one day and all employes and family could take a tour of the whole plant but walking took a long time.In each area they had team members there to answer questions.I never before gave it a thought that the car starts there with a roll of seel and the finished product ends up with my wife on rool drumb with her and her team mates driving it for the final inspection.Using the rebates and her discounts i was able to keep up with new cars every year paying verry little to trade.I had a 05 and 06 prius and 07,08 and now an o9 camry hybrid.I cant find any difference with the 09 but find the ride much firmer and it handles much better on the road but found nothing wrong with the 07,08 camry hybrid.
I drive like it is just a car and dont try to get more mpg.I found that at 8400 miles on the 07 i went from 39 to 44.4 on the road driving at about 71 mph and a little over.now im starting all over with the o9 and only have 4100 miles on it.