"marble" in my dash all of a sudden?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2007, 07:59 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default "marble" in my dash all of a sudden?

hi
just turned 5k km on my tch. now im getting a rattle from the pass winshield area, noise when i give gas, and noise when i brake
anybody else have this problem, i checked my glovebox, and removed everything, but noise still there
thanks
dan

Old 10-12-2007, 11:55 PM
Enthusiast deluxe
Default Re: "marble" in my dash all of a sudden?

I have started to notice a slight rattle from the dash on the passenger side as well. Almost souns like an item in the glovebox, but it was not. Much like the new house I am in (built in 06') I figured the car may need a bit of time to settle before I will complain too much. With parts literally falling off of my 06' Volvo, I can live w/ a little rattle :-)

Old 10-13-2007, 07:54 AM
Currency-to-hydrocarbons

Odd - I had the exact same thing happen on mine when it hit 7k miles. I looked everywhere. One day a few weeks ago I noticed it was no longer there..

Old 10-14-2007, 01:32 PM
Enthusiast

Here is some suggestion, I noticed that there is few thinks maybe making sounds. First, when you hear the sound move one at the time air vents up and down, if that does not work, check if the sunglasses above the rear view mirror are loose (I have metal frame sunglasses they where making noise), the last is pull down on the sealing handle, it is pushed back by springs that become weak with the time.
These are few thinks I observe in my TCH

Old 10-16-2007, 09:23 AM
Too Smug

Rattle has been problem for many TCH owners. Do a search on prior postings. Also check Toyota service bulletins (www.tundrasolutions.com). This is not a new story.

Old 10-16-2007, 02:41 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sallyspal
Rattle has been problem for many TCH owners. Do a search on prior postings. Also check Toyota service bulletins (www.tundrasolutions.com). This is not a new story.
As much as I'd like to, apparently the TSBs are no longer available there.

Old 10-16-2007, 03:51 PM
Led-footed HyBrid geek

I haven't noticed the marble in mine. (I'm at 11k now)
Could this be what you guys are hearing....

At about 3k, I found a plastic coated nut (as in nuts & bolts) rolling around at my feet. It had to have come from under the dash.
The nut was not your everyday nut. It had some sort of extra groove running across it's face
I have no idea what it was for.

Old 10-30-2007, 10:09 PM
Enthusiast

I had the same rattle. The dealer looked it up and found a TSB. They said they need to keep the car for 1 1/2 day. He let me read the TSB and they essentially remove the entire dash. They had to order the parts and I will drop it for the service in another week. They also had the cricket noise in the console as a TSB and will also fix that. Must be a common problem when they issue a TSB.

Old 11-09-2007, 08:11 PM
Enthusiast
Unhappy Re: "marble" in my dash all of a sudden?

Just Got My Tch Back From 5k Check-up And Now Have Squeek In Pass Side Dash Its Driving Me Nuts And The Dealer Doesnt Have A Clue What Is Causing It. Thought It May Have Something To Do With Air Filter I Will Check That Area Out Tomorrow,

Old 11-09-2007, 10:04 PM
Enthusiast

I have not had any rattles in the dash yet. I have been told of a TSB for a rattle in the center console, but have not had a problem with that either. What has just started is a very small rattle in the B pillar right next to my left ear. I've been moving the seat belt hight adjuster to no avail. Its beginning to drive me insane!

Quick Reply: "marble" in my dash all of a sudden?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands