My Baby's Just Been Born!

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2006, 05:09 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default My Baby's Just Been Born!

According to my salesman production starts as soon as the VIN number is issued. He received the VIN number on Tuesday morning October 31 the production number is ....001241. It is being built at the Kentucky plant. I think the gestation period is around 20 hours! Still don't know when I will actually be able to pick up the vehicle and Toronto, a 1,000 km trip by road. Will keep you posted!

I assume the number indicates that it is the 1,241st Camry hybrid since Toyota has started US production on October 12

I read elsewhere that Camry hybrid sales for October totalled 2,806 units so if my assumptions are correct close to half of them were produced in Kentucky.

Old 11-02-2006, 05:37 AM
Active Enthusiast
Talking Re: My Baby's Just Been Born!

Congratulations! I know you must be proud! I'm still waiting on my little one to show up. She's nearing delivery any day now. Mine is foreign born and arrived in the states almost 2 weeks ago...and should be here in Kentucky any day now. And I live only 25 minutes away from the Georgetown Toyota plant...yet my little bundle of joy is travelling from across the globe to be with its proud new family.

And the best news is that since my brother works for TMMK, I get to enjoy the Toyota family discount plan...saving a bundle on my little bundle...

Congrats again...and someday soon, we'll have to compare pictures!

See ya.

rick

Old 11-02-2006, 06:16 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: My Baby's Just Been Born!

Congrats again...and someday soon, we'll have to compare pictures!

See ya.

rick [/QUOTE]

Gee Thx Rick!

Yes, we should definitely compare photos. I think all babies tend to look the same at this age although I am guessing that yours will probably have some Japanese characteristics, particularly the headlights...!

Cheers, Paul

Last edited by Paulgw; 11-02-2006 at 07:29 AM. Reason: Larger font for Marc's benefit!
Old 11-02-2006, 06:42 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Paul.

Congratulations. But using a smaller font is not going to make the delivery any easier. There are those of us whose eyes are not what they used to be.

Old 12-10-2006, 06:09 PM
Enthusiast

I too live in Kentucky, Lexington, KY, and have "ordered" a TCH from Toyota South in Richmond. They are telling me that they don't have an allocation to order the car. They are waiting to sell a TCH they already have on the lot before they will get another allocation. The TCH along with a buch of Prius' have been on the lot for weeks. The TCH is silver in color (my wife doesn't like the color) with all the options.

Anyway, how long did it take you to get your car from the Georgetown plant after the VIN was assigned?

Old 12-11-2006, 07:16 AM
Active Enthusiast
Thumbs up Re: My Baby's Just Been Born!

Originally Posted by childers
I too live in Kentucky, Lexington, KY, and have "ordered" a TCH from Toyota South in Richmond. They are telling me that they don't have an allocation to order the car. They are waiting to sell a TCH they already have on the lot before they will get another allocation. The TCH along with a buch of Prius' have been on the lot for weeks. The TCH is silver in color (my wife doesn't like the color) with all the options.

Anyway, how long did it take you to get your car from the Georgetown plant after the VIN was assigned?
Howdy, neighbor!

Actually, we sat down with Green's Toyota (Lexington) back in August and put down a $500 deposit for a new TCH and picked it up on November 21, 2006. We got exactly what we wanted...mag grey w/ all the options. The car actually came from Japan, not KY...go figure.

I can't tell you how impressed we are with the folks at Green's Toyota. They were professional, honest, straight-forward and extremely nice. I would definitely recommend you call them and see what you can work out on a new TCH. You won't be disappointed. Ask for Bryan Vaughn or Derek Dudgeon.

And we love our new hybrid!!

rick

Old 12-11-2006, 02:04 PM
Enthusiast

Wow. I should consider myself lucky. I set out to buy my TCH on Monday, 11/27 in Northern California. I drove it off the lot on Tuesday, 11/28. I got the exact model I had wanted. I guess there isn't a very long waiting period for these cars in this area. In fact, despite what Edmunds.com said about the True Market Value, which was over MSRP, I was able to get my TCH for under MSRP. There was no negotiation....they quoted me a price over email...it was better than the other Toyota dealers in the area so I took it. So far, I love the car.