Journalism & The Media Television, radio, movies, newspapers, magazines, the Internet and more.

How to make a baby . . .

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2006, 02:54 PM
Engineering first
Cool How to make a baby . . .

http://www.planetark.com/avantgo/dai...m?newsid=37637

Originally Posted by Planet_Ark
"GM, BMW, Daimler to Invest US$1 Billion in Hybrid Project
Originally Posted by Planet_Ark
TRAVERSE CITY, Mich. - A research alliance consisting of General Motors Corp., BMW AG and DaimlerChrysler AG plans to invest over US$1 billion in the development of a new hybrid transmission and related systems that backers say will leapfrog the market-leading technology now offered by Toyota Motor Corp. The three automakers have about 500 engineers who have been working for the past 18 months on the joint development of the next-generation hybrid engine technology, which combines a battery-powered electric motor with a conventional gasoline combustion engine, company representatives said on Friday on the sidelines of an industry trade meeting.

. . .
The hybrid engine will be made available in two rear-wheel drive configurations or a front-wheel drive system, said representatives of the joint development project based in the Detroit suburb of Troy, Michigan.

. . .

"We believe that our two-mode hybrid is the best of the hybrid systems," Truckenbrodt said. "I think all three of us can say it's truly amazing what you can get out of if you bring wild, dedicated engineers together." . . ."

Ahem, I've been an engineer for a long, long time and this reminds me of how you make a baby in one month . . . get nine women pregnant.

Bob Wilson

Old 08-15-2006, 02:57 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: How to make a baby . . .

Originally Posted by bwilson4web
[b]Ahem, I've been an engineer for a long, long time and this reminds me of how you make a baby in one month . . . get nine women pregnant.
Isn't there also a saying about a horse designed by a committee.....?