Nav vs. non-Nav TCH displays - what's the difference?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2006, 03:43 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Nav vs. non-Nav TCH displays - what's the difference?

Besides the navigation itself, what information, displays, etc. are the Nav TCH's getting that the non-Nav TCH's aren't? For example, I don't think the non-Nav TCH's have access to MPG display.

Old 10-24-2006, 05:21 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Nav vs. non-Nav TCH displays - what's the difference?

The display that gives you mpg in 1 minute increments. You also don't get info about regen. The biggie for my as I don't have the NAV system is the one that gives you power flow between wheels, ICE, battery.

Old 10-24-2006, 06:50 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Orcrone
The display that gives you mpg in 1 minute increments. You also don't get info about regen. The biggie for my as I don't have the NAV system is the one that gives you power flow between wheels, ICE, battery.
Actually, my non-Nav provides the power flow diagram (smaller version of course).

Old 10-24-2006, 09:42 PM
Recent Hybrid convert

Originally Posted by leepark
Actually, my non-Nav provides the power flow diagram (smaller version of course).
Yes the non-NAV version has a power flow diagram as well, but as Orcrone tried to point out in his reply it's not as informative as the NAV version. To quote him from one of his previous postings (under the "Upgrade to Nav Sys" thread, I believe):

[...] Also, the NAV version gives you more info. The energy consumption on the non-NAV just shows an engine, battery and wheels. It will show when the battery and/or the engine is driving the wheels. It will show when regen is charging the battery. But it won't show when the engine is recharging the battery. The NAV system will show a minute by minute breakdown of FE. It will show a minute by minute breakdown of battery regen. It has a resettable FE display that will hold your 'best' FE.

Old 10-25-2006, 04:44 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

IIRC, the non-nav phone book holds only 20 entries, while the nav version holds 1000.

Old 10-25-2006, 05:36 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

HybridFan. I was getting a bit lazy and didn't feel like going into all that detail. Thanks for digging up that post. Boy, I sure explained it better than myself.