Navigation, adding it on afterwards

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2006, 02:57 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Navigation, adding it on afterwards

From what we could tell it wasn't a matter of the presence of the ECU, simply that the wiring to connect the appropriate unit (not sure which) to the Nav display was not installed if the nav display wasn't and that might require some specialized work.

The tech we spoke to THOUGHT there might be some kind of 'translator' module needed along the wiring as well that was built into the pre-installed harness, but did not have one available to look at, so that is still unconfirmed.

Old 09-15-2006, 03:07 PM
Enthusiast

I think I have all the connections required worked out on paper. The steering wheel controls/mic etc... will work but the wires need to be moved to a new connector. There's no intermediate modules required for the energy screen to work as far as the hybrid wiring diagrams show. I'm also going be ge adding a backup camera to my nav as well. Hopefully I'll have time next week to hook mine up.

Old 09-15-2006, 05:30 PM
Enthusiast

The wires that need to change positions, I believe are shown in the attached diagram.
Elmo, which camera are you using ?

Attached Files
File Type: doc
Doc1.doc (409.0 KB, 155 views)

Last edited by stinger123; 09-15-2006 at 05:36 PM.
Old 09-15-2006, 08:33 PM
Enthusiast

The changes in your diagram will work but it will not enable the energy screen, those are missing. I'm not sure why the splices are required on the top of the page. Hopefully I've figured that out. There're 4 more connections required for the energy screen. I'm guessing the person that drew that had a reg. camry. I'm thinking about using the camera off the ES350 or Sienna. I've got to go look at one myself to see how it'll fit. I'll also be installing the vias tech ipod interface at the same time. That's just plug and play.

Old 09-20-2006, 10:53 PM
Enthusiast

Finally got mine installed and working on Monday. Everything works except for the energy monitor. The energy screen isn't working even with the extra lines connected. Maybe the car's ecu needs to be aware of the Nav before that'll work? The vais tech ipod interface works well with the nav as well.

Old 09-21-2006, 03:56 PM
Enthusiast

Hi Elmo,

Glad that most of the features work. My unit is still only partially connected.

Did you manage to find the correct plugs for the nav unit ?

There may be help available from Toyota Canada ! The nav is now shown as a dealer installed option, it is not clear if the energy screen is enabled.

If it is it would be nice to get a copy of the install kit instructions.

Does anyone know someone who works for Toyota ?
If we are lucky there may even be a wire harness adapter in the kit.

Originally Posted by elmo
Finally got mine installed and working on Monday. Everything works except for the energy monitor. The energy screen isn't working even with the extra lines connected. Maybe the car's ecu needs to be aware of the Nav before that'll work? The vais tech ipod interface works well with the nav as well.

Old 09-21-2006, 04:11 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by elmo
let us know if you get energy screen working please

Old 09-21-2006, 08:03 PM
Enthusiast

I just ordered 2 F13 connectors today from a US dealer. The Canadian dealers are unable to order that connector. Stinger, where did you see that the NAV is now a dealer installed item?

Old 09-21-2006, 08:09 PM
Enthusiast

Stinger, I just noticed that the Nav demo on toyota.ca is also missing the energy screen. If you hit the "info" button, there's an icon missing for the energy screen.

Old 10-17-2006, 10:33 PM
Enthusiast

Stinger, any updates on the nav install?

Quick Reply: Navigation, adding it on afterwards

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands