Navigation System/Audio System

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2006, 07:21 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Navigation System/Audio System

I thought I read somewhere that the audio system is automatically turned down during a navigation system announcement, it sounded like a great idea. Is this an option, or am I just dreaming in Technicolor? So far I have not been able to find this feature and have to have the navigation system announcements higher than would otherwise be necessary to hear them over the audio system. Can anyone answer this question?

Last edited by Paulgw; 11-21-2006 at 07:27 AM.
Old 11-21-2006, 01:22 PM
Keeping Toyota Solvent
Default Re: Navigation System/Audio System

Originally Posted by Paulgw
I thought I read somewhere that the audio system is automatically turned down during a navigation system announcement, it sounded like a great idea. Is this an option, or am I just dreaming in Technicolor? So far I have not been able to find this feature and have to have the navigation system announcements higher than would otherwise be necessary to hear them over the audio system. Can anyone answer this question?
Although not muted my audio system is definitely quieted during NAV announcements. During phone calls the NAV announcements are turned off.

Old 11-21-2006, 10:36 PM
Enthusiast

There is a volume control for this in your controls on the nav menu under settings. You can adjust how loud you want the announcement over your music to be.

Old 11-22-2006, 04:34 AM
Keeping Toyota Solvent

Let me rephrase my original response.
The Left (driver side) front speaker's music level is reduced when the NAV announcement is made. The announcement is made only through that same speaker and not all of them. So if the music level is set very high I doubt if lowering the audio level in only the one speaker will help much in making the announcements audible. If the music audio level is set to a reasonable level the announcement through the single speaker is very audible with the announcement level set to mid-range.
YMMV

Old 11-22-2006, 06:31 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by schmidtj
Let me rephrase my original response.
The Left (driver side) front speaker's music level is reduced when the NAV announcement is made. The announcement is made only through that same speaker and not all of them. So if the music level is set very high I doubt if lowering the audio level in only the one speaker will help much in making the announcements audible. If the music audio level is set to a reasonable level the announcement through the single speaker is very audible with the announcement level set to mid-range.
YMMV
What he said...