Nokian Nordman 2 tires

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 01:55 PM
blahhhhhh!
Default Re: Nokian Nordman 2 tires

hating winter is independent of my hybrid... I hated winter when I had a 4 wheel drive vehicle too In fact, I've hated it ever since I stopped getting snow days!

Old 12-21-2007, 05:57 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by KTLane
Going to the airport I'm heading to Atlanta to take a test to become an Air Traffic Controller.
OMG! Sorry to threadjack, but I took that ATC test too many years ago when I was 19. I hope you studied a bit. I went in under the notion that this test was simply to evaluate ones innate ability with logic and deductive reasoning, where one really can't "study-up".

It is kind of like that... but they use very ATC-like icons, symbols and imagery that most of us have never seen before and they ask you to make sense of the situation.

I did poorly on that test. And I normally do quite well challenging tests.

Do you have MIL/ATC experience?

Old 12-21-2007, 06:50 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by chestr
Hey some of us are in Boston full-time! And it just keeps snowing and snowing... Just glad I'm not in Maine at the moment. Hope driving up for Christmas it'll be clear going!
Whereabouts in Boston? I'll be staying in Brookline.

Old 12-21-2007, 07:11 AM
blahhhhhh!

Originally Posted by McGyver
Do you have MIL/ATC experience?
No, none.

I did take the ASVABs (I was 19 too!) and I got a 98 on them. I haven't really studied, as I've read there's no "real" study guide, but I've looked over sample test questions. Nothing seems too horribly difficult? I'm kind of weird though, I read books about aircraft and air transportation, so I know just what I've read. My major in college was meteorology, but I was more interested in aviation. I hope I pass, I'm spending 25,000 frequent flyer miles to get down there!!!

Old 12-21-2007, 07:12 AM
blahhhhhh!

Originally Posted by rmorrow
When I get back on the 28th I'm going to be like right near you then! I'm visiting my friend who lives across from Brigham & Women's hospital!

Old 12-21-2007, 10:46 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I'm Somerville-y myself. Across the river, close to Harvard Square really...

Old 12-21-2007, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by KTLane
When I get back on the 28th I'm going to be like right near you then! I'm visiting my friend who lives across from Brigham & Women's hospital!
Well, look for a silver TCH with Ontario plates, around the Marriot Courtyard Boston Brookline (Beacon and Harvard) - chances are it'll be me.

Old 12-21-2007, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by chestr
I'm Somerville-y myself. Across the river, close to Harvard Square really...
Good chance I'll be around there on the 28th as well.

Old 12-21-2007, 08:19 PM
blahhhhhh!

Well, look for a silver TCH with Ontario plates, around the Marriot Courtyard Boston Brookline (Beacon and Harvard) - chances are it'll be me.
if you see a suspicious looking gray TCH with NY plates parked a few cars away from yours, that'll be me

Old 12-22-2007, 04:18 PM
Enthusiast

I have run Nokians on all my cars (Acura and Jeep) and now the TCH. I use the Nokian WR's and they do great in the snow and ice and do very well in the off-winter periods. I live in upstate New York. No excessive wear and the mileage has been very good. I took the TCH down to Texas over the summer (2000 miles each way) and on the highway, the TCH averaged 39-42 mpg. I run the tires at 35 psi, rotate them every 5000-6000 miles and balance them once a year. The WR's are all seasons tires, but are rated for the winter (has the 'snow flake and mountain' emblem). Have fun in Boston.

Quick Reply: Nokian Nordman 2 tires

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands