Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Toyota Camry Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-camry-hybrid-49/)
-   -   Nokian Nordman 2 tires (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-camry-hybrid-49/nokian-nordman-2-tires-16440/)

KTLane 12-20-2007 06:46 AM

Nokian Nordman 2 tires

So, has anyone ever heard of these tires? I'm going to Boston on Christmas and these are the only tires my tire place was able to get in stock by then? I've googled them but I haven't found anything useful other than that they're able to be studded. I assume since they're nokians they must be good, but I was just wondering if anyone's used them, or knows someone who's used them?

Thanks!

wxman3 12-20-2007 09:02 AM

Re: Nokian Nordman 2 tires

Try and find some Hankook 727's. AWESOME quiet ride, and fantastic in snow and ice. They also have a 100,000 mile warranty.

Gairwyn 12-20-2007 09:31 AM

I have Nokian snow tires on my HCH, although a different model of tire (Hakkapeliitta RSi). They seem to be very good in snow and slippery conditions so far. I may be taking a bit of a hit in my mpg's, but I haven't calculated for a full tank yet, so I don't know how much. But I do feel much safer driving with these snow tires in winter.

http://nokiantires.com/en/tire_nordm...?season=winter

rmorrow 12-20-2007 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by KTLane (Post 154895)
So, has anyone ever heard of these tires? I'm going to Boston on Christmas...

Off-topic, but whereabouts in Boston? I'm going to be there on the 27th-29th.

KTLane 12-20-2007 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by rmorrow (Post 154924)
Off-topic, but whereabouts in Boston? I'm going to be there on the 27th-29th.

Going to the airport :shade: I'm heading to Atlanta to take a test to become an Air Traffic Controller. Boston was the only airport that didn't have days blacked out for frequent flyer miles near christmas (the test is the 27th). I'm coming back the 28th!

Are you bringing your hybrid?

rmorrow 12-20-2007 10:13 AM

Very neat. Good luck with the test!

Yup, I'll be bringing my hybrid - I don't leave home without it!:D

KTLane 12-20-2007 12:03 PM

I'm bringing mine too, I'm nervous to leave it though, last time I left my car in a parking garage in MA someone smashed out my windows and I had to drive 4 hours home in a blizzard with a blanket covering the gaping holes left by the vandals :( in a hyundai accent. I mean it's bad enough just driving that, but with blankets instead of windows it was downright deathly!

chestr 12-20-2007 12:06 PM

Hey some of us are in Boston full-time! ;) And it just keeps snowing and snowing... Just glad I'm not in Maine at the moment. Hope driving up for Christmas it'll be clear going!

KTLane 12-20-2007 12:08 PM

I hope to be in Boston full time soon too!!

we have so much snow here it's halfway up the windows on the first floor of our house!

I HATE WINTER!

mikieboyblue 12-20-2007 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by KTLane (Post 154947)
I HATE WINTER!

Then why did you buy a HYBRID? :omg:

Just kidding....