Question regarding "Best MPG" on Consumption screen

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 05:57 AM
Enthusiast
Default Question regarding "Best MPG" on Consumption screen

I read the owners manual, but dont feel I have a good understanding of the logic used by this feature.

On the consumption screen, Avg MPG is listed but BEST states "--.--MPG".

When should I expect to see this number materialize? Is it after a certain amount of time/miles/or data points? The owners manual doesnt really provide the logic for this feature.
Thanks!
glueslug

Old 02-27-2009, 08:04 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Question regarding "Best MPG" on Consumption screen

"Best MPG" will appear when you press "Reset" on your display and will update (if you exceed the previous best) each time you press "Reset."

Old 02-27-2009, 09:53 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by klynch
"Best MPG" will appear when you press "Reset" on your display and will update (if you exceed the previous best) each time you press "Reset."
Yes, and for record keeping, I reset after each fill of the fuel tank. Just before that I write down the MPG and note the MPG on the MFD (multi-function display). I also reset trip B (which is the number miles I've driven on that tank).

Old 02-27-2009, 04:27 PM
Active Enthusiast

I really don't pay attention to the displays on the car - I keep a log of all gas purchases and maintenance done with the date, odometer reading, gallons purchased, if I filled (F) or added (A) gas, $ spent, and total miles on the odomoter. I also record all maintenance like oil changes, etc.

This is a habit I picked up from my dad. He was a aircraft mechanic during the 2nd world war and he kept the same log on all his cars. I know it sounds a little extreme - and it's hard to convince the wife or anyone that borrows the car to record the fill ups - but sure comes in handy to keep track of the mileage and to figure out how many miles since you changed the brake pads, oil & filter, etc. Also, when your ready to sell it can be pretty impressive to convice a buyer you have taken care of the car!