Replaced Hybrid battery now my Camry won't start

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2017, 08:30 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Replaced Hybrid battery now my Camry won't start

Originally Posted by jimmy1
very expensive compared to conventional car battery but not as expensive as I heared and feared. I was like it costs around $4000. By the way what you mean" core return". Mine is TCH 2007 but just $43K miles . 10 years old, always parked outdoor, not a lots of miles driven yet. Should I worry about having to buy new battery soon? Thanks

Probably. Older, low mileage hybrids tend to have battery failures. The worst thing to do is to let these things sit.

Old 04-21-2020, 12:17 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by golfeus
Check the fusible links too in the fuse box under the hood. Sounds like you blew the 33030 which I will tell you is a pain in the **** to get out. I put a battery pack in my 07 and grounded the top black wire in the battery pack which was the equivalent of jumping the car with the cables on backwards. Probably some other mini fused blown as well all though mine weren't. I no longer have Check Hybrid System error but the car won't start with the first push of the button, it says you must depress the brake while starting the car or something like that. I've got some more work ahead of me. Here's another trick, push the start button once as usual then a second time but hole it for 30 seconds, that bypasses the brake. My car again will start but will not go into gear. Hope this helps!

did you ever fix this problem and what was it?

Old 04-21-2020, 12:47 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by S Keith
You have confirmed that your 12V battery is good? Resting voltage is 12.4V min and >12.6V preferred?

So, you replaced one of the 34 battery modules?

This means that as someone who has no idea what they're doing, disassembled a hybrid battery pack, replaced the module, reassembled it and reinstalled it without making an error? And you properly torque all module nuts and connections?

If your 12V is good, you need to check your fuses. If your 12V is bad, replace it. If your 12V is good and you have no blown fuses, you need to remove, disassemble and the pack looking for missed connections. I suspect you didn't plug the voltage sensing harness into the battery computer under the main relay.

I'm sorry you got suckered into believing this is a trivial thing or an easy fix. Imagine having to repeat this exercise every 3-6 months as you play whack-a-mole with the failing modules.
I traded this car for a new Hyundai non hybrid car. Thank you so much for you and those who gave me valuable advice and info. Learnt a lot from you guys

Old 04-21-2020, 05:56 PM
Enthusiast

[QUOTE=S Keith;262964]You have confirmed that your 12V battery is good? Resting voltage is 12.4V min and >12.6V preferred?

So, you replaced one of the 34 battery modules?

This means that as someone who has no idea what they're doing, disassembled a hybrid battery pack, replaced the module, reassembled it and reinstalled it without making an error? And you properly torque all module nuts and connections?

If your 12V is good, you need to check your fuses. If your 12V is bad, replace it. If your 12V is good and you have no blown fuses, you need to remove, disassemble and the pack looking for missed connections. I suspect you didn't plug the voltage sensing harness into the battery computer under the main relay.

I'm sorry you got suckered into believing this is a trivial thing or an easy fix. Imagine having to repeat this exercise every 3-6 months as you play whack-a-mole with the failing modules.[/QUOTE

i check 33030 was bad , swap it and bingo it work , be careful when putting your battery back together .