Seat Belt Ding

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2006, 04:49 PM
M_J
Enthusiast
Default Seat Belt Ding

Does anyone know if there is a simple fix to make the dinging go away when you dont plug your seat belt in. Is there a fuse or bypass to make it go away???

Old 11-21-2006, 05:50 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Seat Belt Ding

Originally Posted by M_J
Does anyone know if there is a simple fix to make the dinging go away when you dont plug your seat belt in. Is there a fuse or bypass to make it go away???
Ya, go to the dealer and tell them u have a family member that is around 350 lbs. they will order u a extender for free. plug the extender in and U R good 2 go.

Old 11-21-2006, 06:37 PM
Currency-to-hydrocarbons

I'm a major advocate of seatbelts and their use as probably many others on this site are.
I'll spare you the lecture since you're obviously capable of making your own decisions right or wrong.

I have a friend who found that he could just pull the seatbelt connector towards the rear of the seat, stretch the harness behind the seat and plug it into the connector. He leaves it that way all the time.

I hope I don't have to attend his funeral..

Old 11-21-2006, 07:03 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Big-Foot
I'm a major advocate of seatbelts and their use as probably many others on this site are.
I'll spare you the lecture since you're obviously capable of making your own decisions right or wrong.

I have a friend who found that he could just pull the seatbelt connector towards the rear of the seat, stretch the harness behind the seat and plug it into the connector. He leaves it that way all the time.

I hope I don't have to attend his funeral..
Randy, i agree 100%, I would not go across the street without one but a lot of folks do not use them. Same with motorcycle helmets but thats a different story lol.

Old 11-21-2006, 07:06 PM
Active Enthusiast

I, too, am a proponent for seatbelt usage. (Have been since my father had '62 VW bus. Needed belts just to stay in seat. My mother rolled it, and only thing saving us was the belts.) That said --

You CAN bypass the "ding" by permanently inserting the catch from the Toyota Seat belt Extender. -- Problem: According to the TSB on Seat Belt Extenders (page 7), keeping the extender permanently attached will disarm the airbag. I assume that keeping the normal seatbelt connected would probably result in the same thing happening with the air bags. (Yes, I know about the saying concerning the word "assume".)

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Seat Belt Extenders.pdf (73.9 KB, 82 views)
Old 11-21-2006, 09:59 PM
Enthusiast

I have to think that if someone wants to disable the seat belts, they probably don't need the airbags either. At first I was going to take the morale high ground about seatbelts, but then again, I ride a motorcycle without seatbelts or airbags. Oh well.

"keeping the extender permanently attached will disarm the airbag"

Old 11-21-2006, 10:33 PM
Enthusiast

I too am for seatbelts. But when I did not put mine on right away the dinging stopped after one minute.

Old 11-21-2006, 11:09 PM
Enthusiast

There's a system setting (SEATBELT WARNING) for this that's described here:
http://toyotaiguide.com/iGuide_Camry.htm

Your dealer can make this change for you. (He did for me, along with changing 7 other system defaults.)

Old 11-22-2006, 04:39 AM
Active Enthusiast

Gary,

Did the dealer charge you for changing the other system defaults? I don't want to disarm the seatbelt warning, but I'm tired of the air conditioner turning on whenever it pleases...42 degrees outside, cabin temperature set at 72, and the "auto" light comes on along with the air conditioner! (No, I didn't have the switch previously set to "auto.")

Last edited by klynch; 11-22-2006 at 05:02 AM. Reason: clarification
Old 11-22-2006, 06:36 AM
Active Enthusiast

I would like to disable the chime as well, but I want to qualify:

I am 100% for seat belt use and have used them way before usage ever became law.

BUT, as we approach our house my wife likes to take hers off a few feet (sometimes more) before we pull into the driveway. The dinging is crazy annoying and unnecessary at this point.

Clublexus.com has a post on how to disable the buzzer on the lexus. I tried it out and it does not work. Guess I have to have the dealer do it.

Quick Reply: Seat Belt Ding

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands