TC(H) Owners Please UNITE

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2006, 11:13 AM
Enthusiast
Default TC(H) Owners Please UNITE

TCH Owners Please UNITE

Fellow TCH Owners:

I called Toyota Customer Service at 1-800-331-4331. regarding the Nav v5.1 issue. The person I spoke to was smug, and had limited interest in our issues. I explained that the 5.1 DVD is grossly out of date and is missing roads that have been in existance for over 4 years.

He said that it is not an issue and Toyota feels that the version 5 DVD is sufficient. I asked "then why have the upgraded the more recent TCH's with 6.1?" He just kept repeating that that's they way it is, and he wouldn't forward my call to a mgr or anyone else. He also said "NO ONE AT TOYOTA HAS THE AUTHORITY TO ISSUE A NEW DVD". I find all of this hard to believe and after putting me on hold to "investigate" he was even more obnoxious. My guess... Toyota know its an issue and does not want to recall the DVD therefore they've told their CSR's to berate callers in hopes they will give up.

The last thing he said was "Until more people call Toyota will not consider this an issues"

CALL TO ACTION
EVERYONE PLEASE CALL Toyota Customer Service at 1-800-331-4331.
and complain, please pass this on to all other TC forums to get as much ground swell as we can!!

This is a rediculous situation, many of us paid full MSRP and some paid even MORE. The fact that Toyota won't stand next to their product is a shame. I told the CSR I may never buy another Toyota and he really didn't even seem to care.

Old 09-15-2006, 12:02 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: TC(H) Owners Please UNITE

I would try again. I contacted Toyota about retrofitting the Nav system and got a wonderfully helpful person with lots of useful information (even if it was not what I WANTED to hear).

I'd say you just got a bad rep. Like most companies, Toyota does outsource some call center work, its highy possible you got one of those. They generally don't care what you say because if Toyota drops em, some one else will pick them up.

Old 09-15-2006, 01:14 PM
Enthusiast

How do you find out what version your Nav system software is? Is it on the DVD? (Too lazy to go out to the car before I find out where it is)

Old 09-15-2006, 02:01 PM
Enthusiast

Okay, for all you "lazy" TCH owners who would like to know what version your NAV software is, it's in small print at the bottom of the DVD. Mine is 5.1, by the way.

Old 09-15-2006, 08:56 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MagcamyH
Okay, for all you "lazy" TCH owners who would like to know what version your NAV software is, it's in small print at the bottom of the DVD. Mine is 5.1, by the way.
It is also available on the main menu of the Nav system, on a button in the upper right. You can't access it when the car is in motion, though.

Old 09-16-2006, 11:14 AM
Enthusiast

Another issue: is it legal for Toyota to push Carpet Mats and Trunk Mats ($199.00), Splashguards ($179.00) and Toyoguard Plus Protection Group ($699.00 and $619.00 for the Camry XLS), using the argument the car is already configured that way and nothing can be done to remove those items?

I checked with 5 dealers in North Carolina and all came with the same explanation.

Last edited by torresinc; 09-16-2006 at 11:22 AM.
Old 09-16-2006, 11:21 AM
Advanced Technology-PZEV

Originally Posted by torresinc
Another issue: is it legal for Toyota to push Carpet Mats and Trunk Mats ($199.00), Splashguards ($179.00) and Toyoguard Plus Protection Group ($699.00), using the argument the car is already configured that way and nothing can be done to remove those items?

I checked with 5 dealers in North Carolina and all came with the same explanation.
I had the same question when i got my TCH, and the answer is YES! they aren't forcing you on buying the vehicle, if you want a custom vehicle you can ask to be put on the waiting list, and/or buy the base model and configure it as you go. As for the the config on the ones you looked at, they were rolled off of a pre configured assembly line, and that is what come off the line. so its like either you buy it or leave it. Hope that helps.

Old 09-16-2006, 06:05 PM
Active Enthusiast

The splash guards and the Toyoguard are port intallled by the Southeast Toyota Distributor before the car hits the dealer. The splash guards are nice to have but the Toyoguard is a major profit item for the dealer. I think the invoice for Toyoguard Plus is $231.

Old 09-19-2006, 11:24 AM
pse
Enthusiast

Interestingly. I just called Toyota Customer service at the number "Steve" suggested and the rep there told me that the 6.1 version is not even out yet. It should not come out until October. I told I found this hard to believe, because people are saying they have it (true, right?). He said he could not explain that, but that I should call the dealership to see if they have any so that I can upgrade. Which I will do, but of couse they should not have any because as the rep said they don't come out until October.

Old 09-19-2006, 11:33 AM
WVGasGuy

but of couse they should not have any because as the rep said they don't come out until October

It might be interesting to know if any non-Japanese built cars have the 6.1 version. Toyota might have thought they were giving us a treat by going ahead and putting the 6.1 in these later TCH's. I'm guessing they just have not started shipping the 6.1 version to the factories in the states.

Quick Reply: TC(H) Owners Please UNITE

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands