HCH I-Specific Discussions Model Years 20032005

Battery not charging? Easy way to reset IMA control modules

Old 11-07-2018, 06:02 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Battery not charging? Easy way to reset IMA control modules

"They" are full of crap. There's either something wrong with your battery, or something else is wrong with your IMA system. You won't know until you check codes. There are ways of telling if it's a bad cell or not.

Old 12-25-2018, 08:05 AM
Enthusiast

Looking for some help. I just replaced both batteries in my 2010 hybrid with brand new batteries.
Now I have the red battery light on my dashboard as well as the IMA and engine light.
Does anyone know how to reset these?
Already tried the 10 second push to reset, the 15 mph turn off for 2 seconds and nothing is working.

Old 03-15-2019, 03:39 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AndrewXY View Post
It's been three months and my car is running fine despite S. Keith's doubts about the method's validity. It is true that if you have other problems this method will not work or will not over a long period. But if everything is working properly and the main battery pack has discharged from lack of driving, this will do the trick.
old post I know but I would like to say this was the only method that got everything back up and going when i accidentally killed my batteries the other day. Guess what we should take away from this is we clearly dont understand the IMA system nearly as well as we believe we do. Seems each car has it's own little differences.
thanks again Andrew, your solution got me going as well

FYI, I tried resets, fuses, grid charging, etx.. NOTHING worked