HCH I-Specific Discussions Model Years 2003–2005

hch 1 ima acting crazy.

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2017, 08:30 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: hch 1 ima acting crazy.

Cycling sticks on those toy chargers requires luck to have any kind of lasting repair. I'm guessing you made no efforts to determine the sticks can handle high load, or that they consistently hold a charge for any length of time (all 20 sticks lose charge at about the same rate).

Without verification of internal resistance and self-discharge, you can almost be certain that your efforts will need to be repeated frequently because you have one or more failed cells that can no longer perform.

Unfortunately, there are too many accounts of success doing what you did; however, very few of those account include any follow up to establish longevity. When pressed, most cases yield repairs that last every 3-6 months max - usually less.

If you'd care to share your data, I'd be happy to attempt to identify the problem. I am far more interested in the data you collected the first time you pulled the pack.

Old 08-05-2017, 08:42 AM
Enthusiast

well i totally ripped everything down yesterday, all my new codes were caused by one of the bolts to the sticks being slightly loose. dont understand why everything was acting crazy after honda had it. but i created all those other codes. system working perfect now. just have to see if and when p1433 comes back.. s. keith if you email me. jeepguy413@aol.com
i can send you my paperwork from when i did battery the first time. not sure if you will understand my chicken scratch..

Old 08-05-2017, 08:20 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Nice!

That will do it. That loose bolt caused the total pack voltage to nosedive under load and spike under charge. the car saw it as a severe of the upper and lower limits of the pack. That equates to reduced capacity/deteriorated battery codes.

It also likely wreaked havoc with the 1 or 2 taps associated with that part of the circuit.

Keep a CLOSE watch on:

Recalibrations.
SoC gauge for "overactivity" that's NOT recalibrations.
Reduced mileage.

Old 08-06-2017, 04:44 AM
Enthusiast

i did reset the mpg on the on the dash when i completed. so far under normal driving conditions the hybrid battery meter hasnt dropped below half. full asst when heavy on gas and full charging when decel.