HCH I-Specific Discussions Model Years 2003–2005

P1564 and p1571

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2017, 09:58 PM
Enthusiast
Default P1564 and p1571

Please help!
I have had my HCH1 04 for around 5 yeas now. No issues till about a year ago when IMA light came on. Car worked well but I had to clear the codes for bad battery to register the car, so I replaced the battery around 6 months ago. Car has been great till about 3 weeks ago. Car did an autostop and wouldn't start back up. Jumped the car and it started but check engine light came on with the IMA light and the 12v battery light comes on also at certain rpm and stays on.12v battery tested as bad so i replaced it. Neither 12v nor 144v IMA battery charging now. Went to Honda dealership and pulled the codes p1571 and p1564. Commutation sensor and MCM. Dealership quoted me $5500 for both. Just wondering if this is likely a bad replacement IMA battery or if it is likely the MCM or if it is a bad commutation sensor (hard to get to because it is behind the trans.) and the easiest way to test?
I purchased a new MCM I think ebay has it listed as an ecm the part # is 1k000-pza-a03 when I receive the part I will switch out asap. Also wondering if it could be the 144 to12v converter? I have pulled the IMA battery and checked all connections and tested the littel fuse and checked all other connections and wiring while I had the back seat opened up. All connectors look good inside and wires look perfect. I feel like a novice when it comes to hybrid repair, any knowledge is super appreciated!

Old 11-04-2017, 12:50 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands