HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Got an oddity for ya'll...... No surprise I'm sure...

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2018, 07:32 AM
Enthusiast
Default Got an oddity for ya'll...... No surprise I'm sure...

Had a previous issue, the DC DC converter failed, and blew the fuse on the battery... Mechanics opinion "new battery".... Uneducated idiot... He said he tested the battery and it was no good... But, even a bad battery shud show SOMETHING on a DMM... So, I fixed it myself for $110... Fuse was $40 shipped, DC DC converter was $70 used at the local junkyard!

Currently everything seems ok with 2 exceptions, #1 the Ima motor seems like it isn't engaging at takeoff... It makes a loud rumble then engages after the 1.3l gas engine struggles like hell, just seems bad for it.
#2 the assist and charge indicators sometimes show nothing even when the ima motor is FOR SURE engaging...

Wtf?

Possibly unrelated other bullshits...
#1 rpm fluctuation at idle?
#2 car randomly cuts all power? I put in the key to start it, and all the lights go black... Like it has a corroded ground to the battery? Most cars suffer from this on occasion in northern California... HOWEVER, I open the door, then close it, and VIOLA! Fires right up... Odd?
#3 the auto off randomly works here and there.... Wtf Honda?

Let's get some creative juices flowing here! Poopnugget needs you guys! Thanks everyone!

Old 12-28-2018, 07:34 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Got an oddity for ya'll...... No surprise I'm sure...

replace all ground straps.