HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

New owner here, some issues under 100m!

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2006, 12:09 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default New owner here, some issues under 100m!

Yesterday I bought an 07 w/ Nav for $500 over invoice in SoCal, not sure if thats a fantastic deal but it was one I was happy with - did not do much research, just spammed 4 dealers and found one I liked and worked with them for a week or so. Total time in the dealership was 1 hr 5 minutes, cant beat that.

Car is great, quite a value IMO, I have 102 miles on it and the avg so far is 35 mpg and change (all city). I purchased the hybrid to drive to work and back so my other car can be used for weekends.

First issue is I noticed the steering wheel does not align straight w/ the column when going straight. Alignment is fine but I need to get it back to correct. I noticed it around 30m mark...but surprised this missed the dealers attention as the car had 10m on it when I bought it.

2nd issue is the airbag warning light stays on the dash. Busted out the manual and of course I have to take it to the dealer asap. Started at the 95m point.

Just some minor things but just wanted to see if this is not isolated (airbag) and what the cause was?

Old 12-26-2006, 06:00 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: New owner here, some issues under 100m!

That sounds like a great deal. I bought my '06 in April. Paid MSRP only due to a connection with a friend at Honda corporate. At that time in So Cal, dealers were commanding $2 - $3,000 above MSRP... and had waiting lists. Some of that could have been the carpool stickers which were supposed to run out by early summer.

I've not heard of the airbag light coming on (in other posts, to the best of my memory)... you might want to try a search for other posts. Regardless, it sounds like the dealer will need to investigate the cause and correct it.

Enjoy your new HCHII!!!

Old 12-26-2006, 07:24 PM
Eco Accelerometrist

Originally Posted by alloyz
First issue is I noticed the steering wheel does not align straight w/ the column when going straight. Alignment is fine but I need to get it back to correct. I noticed it around 30m mark...but surprised this missed the dealers attention as the car had 10m on it when I bought it.

2nd issue is the airbag warning light stays on the dash. Busted out the manual and of course I have to take it to the dealer asap. Started at the 95m point.
Congrats on your new vehicle.

On your first issue:
Many folks have reported that even the new civic hybrids are likely to have some alignment discrepancies when arriving from the factory to the car dealer lot. This is actually very common, so much so that many people opt to ask the dealership to perform an alignment before picking up their new car.
I actually did that. In my case, the alignment was not off by much but even the salesman was a little surprised that it was off. Not surprisingly though, the service personnel were not startled one bit. All in all, they were very cooperative and gladly performed the alignment knowing full well that it was justified.

I recommend you check the pressure of all your tires to ensure that they are all reading the same PSI - especially true for the front tires. Then if the problem persists, do request an alignment from your dealership. They should do this under warranty at no charge to you. If they refuse, please take your vehicle to another dealership.

On the second issue:
You could have a malfunctioning occupancy sensor on the front passenger seat or a bad connection to (or from) it. Again the dealership should be able to address this issue without difficulty or fuss.

Cheers;

MSantos

Old 12-27-2006, 06:56 AM
Active Enthusiast

Good morning, yesterday took her in and within 2 hrs the dealer took care of everything. New alignment and concured it could be an issue with occupant seat but everything checked out and no light since.

Car tracks much better now, wheel is perfect. Hats off to the Honda Service dept for a quick turnaround.

Old 12-27-2006, 08:23 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Congrats!

Old 12-27-2006, 05:04 PM
Eco Accelerometrist

Originally Posted by alloyz
Car tracks much better now, wheel is perfect. Hats off to the Honda Service dept for a quick turnaround.
Glad to hear you got the issues resolved. Hope you enjoy the great car you got.

Cheers;

MSantos