HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Is it possible to turn off Nav nag prompt?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2007, 09:49 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Is it possible to turn off Nav nag prompt?

AFAIK - I don't think you can remove the time delay from starting the car until the Nav screen appears but you CAN either remove or modify the nag screen if you are willing. I know on older models (Acura mostly) some folks have removed the nag screen or loaded in their own bitmap image or removed it completely but there is still the 5-second pause where the nag screen normally appears and I think the OK button is still there - just no nag text. I've messed with it a little and can read the nag screen and other items on the DVD but haven't been able to write this back into the program for the car so I'm only halfway there.

Old 03-02-2007, 09:53 PM
Enthusiast

I dont think we will be able to remove the waiting time (the system has to load, it is Windows, I guess we should be happy it is only 5 seconds) but there has to be a way that after it finishes loading instead of waiting for us to hit ok, it immediatly jumps to the map.

Old 03-02-2007, 10:04 PM

I just alter my ritual in the Hybrid to better utilize these 5 seconds. I used to get in the car, buckle the seatbelt, and start the car but in the Hybrid I start the car and THEN put on the seatbelt, reset the Trip B meter and by that time it has been 5 seconds and I can hit OK and get on the road. I still wait the 5 seconds but I don't notice because I'm doing other tasks. Boy I love being Engineer-minded.

Old 03-02-2007, 10:12 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Flash
I just alter my ritual in the Hybrid to better utilize these 5 seconds. I used to get in the car, buckle the seatbelt, and start the car but in the Hybrid I start the car and THEN put on the seatbelt, reset the Trip B meter and by that time it has been 5 seconds and I can hit OK and get on the road. I still wait the 5 seconds but I don't notice because I'm doing other tasks. Boy I love being Engineer-minded.
True, and every morning when I reverse out of my parking spot and then shift into drive, I hit the ok button as well, not before or after, but it would be nice for it not to nag us all the time.

Old 03-03-2007, 01:28 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gumby
Tom, good site, but that's been seen and posted here before. Another link than yours but essentially the same info.

I think that HACK is for the SPLASH-SCREEN ONLY, adn that it does NOT remove the nag screen.
Whoops, pardon me, guys, I'll try reading the thread next time before posting

Old 03-03-2007, 03:32 PM

This doesn't work for our NAVI's. If you use the link at the bottom, you can see that someone asked if it would work for our systems, and it doesn't. The system is a bit older. The files aren't the same nor are they located in the same place.

Old 03-03-2007, 04:56 PM
Energy Independence

No problem. It's impossible to keep up on ALL the threads
Quite a few of us are irked about the delayed NAG screen, and would like to do something about it.
I've gotten used to it now, but still.

Also, in earlier reading about it... Although the Acura has been successfully bypassed, supposedly this Civic cannot be bypassed in the same way. At least that's the story I got when I was reading up on this about a year or so ago. The best I've heard about is changing the startup splash screen. And I agree that this link is better organized and cleaner than the old links I was reading from. Nice to know some people are still trying to hack it.