HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Question on indentifying GOOD/BAD cells module sticks reconditioning

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2018, 07:23 PM
Enthusiast
Default Question on indentifying GOOD/BAD cells module sticks reconditioning

Okay, I have broken down the battery for the 2007 Honda civic hybrid (one of the worst batteries ever made yes). I know I will find bad cell sticks that need to be replaced that are nonrecoverable. So in looking at the modules pair, they seem to be welded bridging orange/green ends pairs. Is this a process to be removed or just connect one charger one side with correct +/- orange-to-orange green-to-green. This looks like it needs to be removed to isolate charging/discharging individual sticks or am I missing something. Also, I'm looking for the for the proper charging settings for my UP240AC plus with DIY alligator 30amp clips & 18AWG v300. Also looking for a source for new sticks if need be?

Old 01-25-2018, 05:37 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Question on indentifying GOOD/BAD cells module sticks reconditioning

The bus bar between the two sticks is welded in place. It can't be removed.

You can choose to clip onto that bus bar and do the sticks individually or do the sticks as a pair. Generally speaking, it's best to test as few cells as possible, but on the flip side, since you're stuck with pairs, it makes sense to test in pairs.

UP240AC is a child's toy. It is insufficient for the task. It is limited to 5W of discharge power which means about 700-800mAh per stick or about 300-400mAh for a pair.

Your money would have been better spent on a grid charger.

There is no source for new sticks.

Old 01-25-2018, 01:41 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Question on indentifying GOOD/BAD cells module sticks reconditioning

Thank you Keith, I have assimilated the information