Saturn Vue Hypermileing Tips

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2008, 11:48 PM
Enthusiast
Question Use of Scangauge with Vue Greenline (Vue Hybrid)

Originally Posted by RicksVue
The ScanGauge gets fuel flow data from the engine control module (ECM) and uses that to display current MPG.
Hey guys,

I got a Scangauge for xmas and love the instantaneous mileage numbers.

But I have a big question about fuel usage while coasting or braking. The scangauge reads 0 fuel being used while braking or coasting, but the engine is running and the RPM is between 1 and 2k. Am I to believe that the engine is cycling without fuel during this time??

Also, I notice that the throttle position (TPOS) only goes up to 80 and never goes below something around 16 - or at least hasn't so far.

Also, any guidance or advice on using the gauge with the Vue GL would be very welcome. I look forward to tweaking my driving style to optimize my mileage!