Government & Taxes Money, credits and more!

Form 8910 - Any idea when it will be ready?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2008, 10:41 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Form 8910 - Any idea when it will be ready?

So I just got all my W2s and per my calculation with the help of the hybrid tax credit I'm going to be getting a pretty penny back.

Unfortuantely, H&R Block is telling me form 8910 is not yet ready and to check back in mid-January. Given that was two weeks ago any idea when the 8910 forms will be ready? Or is this an H&R Block specific problem?

Old 02-02-2008, 12:12 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Form 8910 - Any idea when it will be ready?

It is available and working in turbo tax, I filed mine on 1/29.

Old 02-04-2008, 11:03 AM
Active Enthusiast

The IRS has it available on it's website.....

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f8910.pdf

So I don't know why H&R shouldn't have it by now also.

I'd print it out and bring it to them on your next visit so then they would not have an excuse that they don't have it.

Old 02-04-2008, 12:24 PM
Enthusiast

Tax Turbo did not give me my full credit. It said:

"If the credit amount is not the entire amount you were eligible for, you were either limited by the tax that you owe or other credits you have taken. Information you enter later for other credits and deductions may also lower this credit amount."

I don't understand this - I don't owe the IRS anything, I would be getting a $600 refund without the hybrid tax credit, but Turbo Tax did not give me my full $3,000 back that I should recieve. They said I should only get a $2,500 refund. I think I should be getting $3,600.

I'm still waiting for H&R Block also to see if I get the same refund.

Old 02-04-2008, 06:05 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jenorange

"If the credit amount is not the entire amount you were eligible for, you were either limited by the tax that you owe or other credits you have taken. Information you enter later for other credits and deductions may also lower this credit amount."

I don't understand this - I don't owe the IRS anything, I would be getting a $600 refund without the hybrid tax credit, but Turbo Tax did not give me my full $3,000 back that I should recieve. They said I should only get a $2,500 refund. I think I should be getting $3,600.

Having gotten my money a couple of years ago, it looks to me there's a problem with H&R Block. Perhaps you (the collective you) need someone else to do your taxes.

Old 02-04-2008, 09:21 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by centrider
Having gotten my money a couple of years ago, it looks to me there's a problem with H&R Block. Perhaps you (the collective you) need someone else to do your taxes.
You are absolutely right. I went with TaxACT online and it was far cheaper than H&R Block's online TaxCut program and just as easy to use. Took me under two hours tops.

Now the thumb-fiddling until the check arrives

Old 02-05-2008, 01:09 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jenorange

I don't understand this - I don't owe the IRS anything, I would be getting a $600 refund without the hybrid tax credit, but Turbo Tax did not give me my full $3,000 back that I should receive. They said I should only get a $2,500 refund. I think I should be getting $3,600.

How much was your total calculated taxes owed before the hybrid credit? And I don't mean the refund/due number the program shows up in the corner - like your $600 refund. If your $600 refund is because $3,100 was withheld from your paycheck but you owed $2,500 in taxes - that means that you didn't owe enough in total taxes in order to get the full credit.

You can only get as much of the hybrid credit as the total amount of taxes you owed. The IRS won't give you more back from the hybrid credit than what you would otherwise be owing to them in taxes.

Last edited by chesterakl; 02-05-2008 at 01:11 PM.
Old 07-09-2008, 06:41 PM
Enthusiast

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f8910.pdf>>> this is a very useful site any way got mine last week, had so many trouble before getting it darn

Last edited by kartl; 12-03-2008 at 06:33 PM.
Old 02-10-2009, 09:06 AM
Enthusiast

This is not just an H & R Block problem. The final form has yet to be approved by the IRS. It is not available for download from the IRS website as yet, either.

Old 02-10-2009, 09:11 AM
Enthusiast

This credit is not refundable, meaning that it can only be used to reduce your tax. If your tax is already zero, or has been reduced to zero by other credits, such as the Child Tax Credit, the Retirement Savings Credit, or the Electric Vehicle Credit, or the Child and Dependent Care Credit, this credit is limited to the remaining balance of your tax liability, which may already be zero.

Quick Reply: Form 8910 - Any idea when it will be ready?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands