THE HORN on Mercury Hybrids 06

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2006, 06:01 PM
PML
Enthusiast
Default THE HORN on Mercury Hybrids 06

I have had many Ford Products - all with dual horns - my 06 Mariner is equipped with ONE horn - however a non Hybrid is equiped with dual horns - my horn sounds like a bicycle horn - not a car horn ! Anyone know how or where the horn is located and how to add another one - For over 32,000 you would think the horn would sound better than a 12,000 mini car.

Old 06-19-2006, 07:27 PM
Default Re: THE HORN on Mercury Hybrids 06

You need to learn how to hit back at those "get out of my way horns". Just scroll down and pick your weapon at http://www.wolo-mfg.com/air.htm . Mount it in your left front wheel well and hold till they get next to you. If your lucky, they will have a cup of coffee in their hand.

GaryG

Old 06-19-2006, 09:01 PM
Hybrid and Ethanol Expert

I actually worry about people stepping out in front of me in parking lots when I'm in silent stealth mode. I installed a model T "OoooGaaaahh" style horn with a push button switch, so it's in addition to the stock one, not replacing it. It really draws more attention than a louder "dual" modern one. The "duel" ones are musically out of tune, on purpose, to draw attention, but are so commonplace, they dont.

Of course, there's always the General Lee horn.....

-John

Old 06-19-2006, 09:44 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gpsman1
I actually worry about people stepping out in front of me in parking lots when I'm in silent stealth mode. I installed a model T "OoooGaaaahh" style horn with a push button switch, so it's in addition to the stock one, not replacing it. It really draws more attention than a louder "dual" modern one. The "duel" ones are musically out of tune, on purpose, to draw attention, but are so commonplace, they dont.

Of course, there's always the General Lee horn.....

-John
I think I'd just get a bicycle bell. Cheaper and less likely to give pedestrians a coronary! I've had a couple instances where peds didn't hear me coming. If they really are oblivious to me, I roll down my window and turn on my radio. That is, assuming they can hear my radio over the bass-boosted, eardrum thumping modded stereos too many people drive around with here.

Last edited by GeekGal; 06-19-2006 at 09:48 PM.
Old 06-19-2006, 11:19 PM
Enthusiast
Thumbs up Re: THE HORN on Mercury Hybrids 06

Originally Posted by GaryG
You need to learn how to hit back at those "get out of my way horns". Just scroll down and pick your weapon at http://www.wolo-mfg.com/air.htm . Mount it in your left front wheel well and hold till they get next to you. If your lucky, they will have a cup of coffee in their hand.

GaryG

Pretty hot, sounds like the ones they got in Ferrari or Lamborghini.