08 Hybrid battery System

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2016, 04:59 AM
Administrator

Just have dealer install it? It's pretty heavy.

Old 08-22-2016, 01:39 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: 08 Hybrid battery System

I'm having the same issues with my 08 Tahoe Hybrid. Is the consensus that the likely culprit is the battery pack, with the other potential items being contributing factors? Just wondering if I should go straight to replacing the battery pack so I don't have to pay for the diagnostics by the dealer.

Old 09-06-2016, 05:22 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SuperKal
Hi Dirtrunner21, so are you saying that because the 300v hybrid battery was at the end of it's useful life, the truck was lurching and hesitating?

I also have an 08 Yukon with 230km and have had the same problems as FunTimes. Reading through this and other forums, the battery did not appear to be the cause but it now seems like it is.

I have been driving around in M4 mode to prevent autostop from kicking in but the hesitation is now happening in M4 mode too, just not as bad.

I came across a price of $2000 U.S. for a brand new genuine GM battery. Is it difficult to replace or does it need to be done by the dealer?

Any help appreciated.
Originally Posted by Spensational
I'm having the same issues with my 08 Tahoe Hybrid. Is the consensus that the likely culprit is the battery pack, with the other potential items being contributing factors? Just wondering if I should go straight to replacing the battery pack so I don't have to pay for the diagnostics by the dealer.
You both might be having an internal auxiliary transmission fluid pump Control Module problem and a possible solution might be unplugging the harness for a minute or two and road test. The following link might be one to follow for additional information.
https://www.greenhybrid.com/forums/f...05/#post260536

TSB: GM hybrid bump/jerk
This bulletin applies to a number of GM hybrid vehicles, including 2009-2011 Cadillac Escalade, GMC Sierra and Chevy Silverado, and 2008-2011 Chevy Tahoe and GMC Yukon, all with two-mode Hybrid option RPO HP2 and 2ML70 transmission RPO M99.
Customers may comment on either of two drivability concerns. Bumps, jerks and/or surges caused by the auxiliary pump which occur during a transition into, out of, or during an Auto Stop, as observed on the tachometer.
A lull (clutch slipping) followed by a kick (clutch grabbing) during acceleration while in Auto Stop or during a transition to Engine On. This condition typically occurs just before and engine restart is observed on the tachometer.Surge or lunge during deceleration below 25 mph with light to moderate braking. This typically occurs after the tachometer drops below idle speed to anter an Auto Stop. These concerns may be caused by an auxiliary transmission fluid pump concern or a slipping clutch within the transmission.
NOTE: There may also be audible indications of electric motor speed increases and clicking noises associated with the auxiliary transmission fluid pump stall.
This concern is often accompanied by DTCs P2797, P0C2B and/or P079A. However, due to the intermittent nature of such complaints, there may be no DTCs set and reproducing the complaint can be difficult.
1. Check all vehicle modules and address any DTCs that may be present except for P2797 or P0C2B.
2. Once other DTCs have been addressed, obtain the date code of the auxillairy transmission fluid pump control module (this is found on the side of the module opposite the fluid hoses).
3. Follow the standard P2797 and/or P0C2B diagnostic procedures in order to diagnose the root cause of the complaint.
4,If the P2797 and/or P0C2B procedures do not identify either the auxiliary transmission fluid pump control module or auxiliary transmission fluid pump fault and the complaint is re-produced during those test procedures, inspect the :Hybrid Low, 1-2 clutch” assembly. Concerns relating to the “Hybrid Low, 1-2 clutch” assembly, typically manifest as a P079A DTC, but may not set the DTC.
5. If the concern does not re-produce, the “Hybrid Low, 1-2 clutch” assembly is operating normally and the control module has a Date Code of 089-11-XXXX or older, replace the auxiliary transmission fluid pump control module.
http://www.autoserviceprofessional.c...brid-bump-jerk

Old 10-08-2016, 05:47 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Fun Times
You both might be having an internal auxiliary transmission fluid pump Control Module problem and a possible solution might be unplugging the harness for a minute or two and road test. The following link might be one to follow for additional information.
https://www.greenhybrid.com/forums/f...05/#post260536
Hey there, This is definitely something worth trying if one is dealing with the symptoms. I know for a fact the 300v battery pack was on its last leg. Drivability is no longer a problem for us and the fuel economy is now at 22.6. Remaining in all battery mode last much much longer now than before. Due dilligence is the best thing to do before considering replacing a 2500 component. I planned to keep the Tahoe for a long time since it's paid off as well as we got the battery pack properly tested to be absolutely sure that was the culprit.

Old 10-26-2016, 08:30 AM
Active Enthusiast

I have an '08 that has had a lurch/chug/no throttle response at moderate temperatures after sitting for several hours for a while. Did the throttle body, still does the thing. Chevy says they can't reproduce it and no codes. Batteries are supposedly OK. I live in Boston area, who is reputable to have look at my battery pack? Truck has 119,000 miles on it.

Old 01-27-2017, 01:11 PM

I have an 09 that has been having the same issues as above. Today I was sitting in my garage in reverse when my vehicle just shut off & said "service hybird". Has anyone been able to fix their issues?

Old 01-30-2017, 05:43 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

You need to get the system trouble codes read including Freeze Frame data to begin.

Old 03-18-2017, 06:34 PM
Active Enthusiast

Ok. Frustrated. Had the whole freeze frame and obd codes read and reset. Tech noticed no anomalies. Still getting jerk and shudder. Read (here?) 12v could be the culprit, but tests show it good, too. Mpg down to 17.9. Some suggest a level charge after sitting in auction and dealer lot. But closest place is 2 hours awayand have to leave it overnight. Ideas?

Old 03-18-2017, 07:11 PM
Administrator

Fuel pump?

Old 03-18-2017, 07:21 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

The battery weighs about 130#. I've personally lifted a Lexus GS450h (same # of modules) - it's a bear, but with two people being careful, it's easy to handle.

Would you share where you can get a brand new battery for $2000?

Quick Reply: 08 Hybrid battery System

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands