Air bags deployed for no reason

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2018, 01:09 PM
PRYUKON2008
Default Air bags deployed for no reason

My wife and kids were driving down to Texas in our 2008 Yukon Hybrid, when around 4am in Oklahoma in a rain storm the Air Bags deployed while driving for no know reason. They lost power and the Yukon went completely dead in the middle of the highway, thank god some semi truck drivers were able to help them push the Yukon to the side of the road. Everyone is safe and good, but I'm just trying to understand how the air bags can deploy while driving and with out any impact? Even stranger the front air bags never deployed only the right and left sides of the center and 3rd row. Any info will be appreciated. Also is this problem fixable or are we looking a total lost here?

Old 10-11-2018, 07:06 PM
Administrator
Default Re: Air bags deployed for no reason

It could be from a previous accident that the airbags were not replaced or connected properly.

Old 10-19-2018, 06:18 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Air bags deployed for no reason

The airbag deployment is a real safety issue. It is not hybrid specific but the hybrid system will lock out your ability to run it when air bags deploy.