Fresh Air

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2007, 09:29 AM
Enthusiast
Default Fresh Air

Is 65 the lowest temperature that can be set without using air conditioning? Also, in my older Camry, I could just move a switch to allow fresh air to come in. On the hybrid, there is just the button that allows for air recycling. Is there a way to allow fresh air in? Also, is there a way to allow fresh air in without having to use the fan?
Thanks,
RedCamry

Old 02-25-2007, 11:47 AM
2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid
Default Re: Fresh Air

Originally Posted by RedCamry
Also, is there a way to allow fresh air in without having to use the fan?
Turn off the climate system and open a window or the sun roof if you have one.

Last edited by TKCamry; 02-25-2007 at 11:49 AM.
Old 02-25-2007, 12:57 PM
Active Enthusiast

I can relate to this one. Sorry, I haven't discovered a solution either.

Usually I like the temp cooler than hotter. 65 just isn't cool enough for those cool spring or fall days. So I usually leave the system off.

I also found that with the system off, and after the car warms up, I feel some hot air "bleeding" though the vents. Ick!

The other nice thing about having the system off is noise! We have quiet cars - it's nice to enjoy the silence when you are stopped.

Old 02-25-2007, 01:06 PM
Veracitorian Muser

Originally Posted by RedCamry
Is there a way to allow fresh air in? Also, is there a way to allow fresh air in without having to use the fan?
AC off, recirc off, and fan off will allow fresh air in. Leave temp on low to avoid mixing heat to the incoming air. Add fan for more fresh air.

Open all windows, slide moon roof all the way back, and hold open all doors at max spped for max fresh air!

-- Alan