First Accessory for our Hybrids! Pics

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 10:59 PM
Enthusiast
Default First Accessory for our Hybrids! Pics

I had a friend (shop) build a stainless tail pipe for my Yukon Hybrid. I couldn't handle the look of that large resonator across the back. It is constructed from T-304 Stainless Steel and features rolled stainless tips. I had him design something classy and high quality looking. It sounds about the equivalent of a stock non-hybrid model, and actually maybe a little bit quieter. I really only notice it outside at idle, and it also allows for the use of a spare tire.

He is a very small shop so I have offered to help him sell these. In fact I have already sold a couple to the local Cadillac dealer for the Escalade Hybrid. They install in about 30 minutes (cut and clamp using existing hangers). If you are interested in buying one of these, please paypal $229.00 + 35.00 for shipping and handling to kkjb06@hotmail.com. Please specify Yukon/Tahoe or Escalade (Escalade is different because of rear bumper). I really think you will be happy with your purchase. I have had many compliments. They sold it as a no-compromise Hybrid, I think adding a few accessories would fall into that category.

Attached Thumbnails First Accessory for our Hybrids! Pics-img_1552.jpg   First Accessory for our Hybrids! Pics-img_1551.jpg   First Accessory for our Hybrids! Pics-img_1559.jpg   First Accessory for our Hybrids! Pics-img_1557.jpg  
Old 03-24-2009, 07:30 AM
FLY NAVY!
Default so I'm assuming you eliminated the resonator?

Originally Posted by macmtr
I had a friend (shop) build a stainless tail pipe for my Yukon Hybrid. I couldn't handle the look of that large resonator across the back. It is constructed from T-304 Stainless Steel and features rolled stainless tips. I had him design something classy and high quality looking. It sounds about the equivalent of a stock non-hybrid model, and actually maybe a little bit quieter. I really only notice it outside at idle, and it also allows for the use of a spare tire.

He is a very small shop so I have offered to help him sell these. In fact I have already sold a couple to the local Cadillac dealer for the Escalade Hybrid. They install in about 30 minutes (cut and clamp using existing hangers). If you are interested in buying one of these, please paypal $229.00 + 35.00 for shipping and handling to kkjb06@hotmail.com. Please specify Yukon/Tahoe or Escalade (Escalade is different because of rear bumper). I really think you will be happy with your purchase. I have had many compliments. They sold it as a no-compromise Hybrid, I think adding a few accessories would fall into that category.
I hope it doesn't void your emissions warranty and related components. Looks pretty good though!

Old 03-24-2009, 07:53 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: so I'm assuming you eliminated the resonator?

Originally Posted by jet1
I hope it doesn't void your emissions warranty and related components. Looks pretty good though!
It's only removing a noise resonator. Nothing we touched was an emissions control device. Shouldn't be any issues.

Old 03-28-2009, 03:33 PM
Enthusiast
Default What does it sound like in V4 mode?

I recall that when the 5.3 with V4 mode was released a lot of people had trouble with a terrible droning sound in V4 mode after installing aftermarket exhaust. It seemed to require at least a small resonator near the tip to eliminate this sound. Perhaps the 6.0 hybrid version is different, but would like to know what it sounds like in the cabin when running in V4 mode.

I don't have a Hybrid yet, but plan to very soon and would like this type of tip style for the reasons you mentioned and then some.

Thanks!

Old 03-31-2009, 09:25 AM
FLY NAVY!
Default please contact me

jet1reno@gmail.com

thanks

Old 04-01-2009, 09:02 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: What does it sound like in V4 mode?

Originally Posted by macdracer
I recall that when the 5.3 with V4 mode was released a lot of people had trouble with a terrible droning sound in V4 mode after installing aftermarket exhaust. It seemed to require at least a small resonator near the tip to eliminate this sound. Perhaps the 6.0 hybrid version is different, but would like to know what it sounds like in the cabin when running in V4 mode.

I don't have a Hybrid yet, but plan to very soon and would like this type of tip style for the reasons you mentioned and then some.

Thanks!
I know exactly what you are speaking of. I had a 5.3L 07 Avalanche and had an aftermarket exhaust put on it. The transition between V8 and V4 was so bad I returned it the next day. This is nothing even close to that. I believe it is quieter than a stock 5.3L exhaust. The only noticeable audible, is a slight more rumble at idle. You do not hear the transition from either V8 to V4 or into electric (anymore than you do stock). The intent was to get rid of the resonator and have something nicer on the eyes. I hope that helps.

Jason

Old 04-27-2009, 08:11 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: First Accessory for our Hybrids! Pics

First Accessory for our Hybrids! Pics-100_6518.jpg

First Accessory for our Hybrids! Pics-100_6519.jpg

First Accessory for our Hybrids! Pics-100_6521.jpg

First Accessory for our Hybrids! Pics-100_6526.jpg

First Accessory for our Hybrids! Pics-100_6520.jpg

Just finished the installation of the exhaust I got from Jason. Let me tell you its all he says and more! Brought the vehicle to my local GM dealer after it was installed and they were very impressed with the look and build quality. I was worried that that removing the resonator would change the stock sound but actually I cannot detect any differance in the sound in any mode. After I hauled that resonator and pipe off and realized how heavy it was its amazing that GM did not come up with this idea. At least now I can mount a spare tire (if I choose to) . I don't know if this is the first install in Canada but I'm guessing it won't be the last. Jason supplies good instructions and pictures so its somthing that you can tackle or your (friendly) muffler shop will install it for you. Watch the resonator though its heavier than I anticipated. I think I will make a lawn ornament out of it.

Old 04-28-2009, 08:54 PM
Active Enthusiast

Was the shipping charge the same to Canada? I'm thinking of getting one too. Sure looks good.

Old 04-28-2009, 09:02 PM
FLY NAVY!
Default looks and works good!

Originally Posted by Canuck
Was the shipping charge the same to Canada? I'm thinking of getting one too. Sure looks good.
I love the new slightly aggressive burble my Yukon has, and the welds and finish are very top drawer!

Old 04-29-2009, 07:48 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Canuck
I think it was an additional $28 USD shipping to my door pretty reasonable I think.

Quick Reply: First Accessory for our Hybrids! Pics

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands