P0C17 and P0C18 Tahoe Hybrid 2008

  #31  
Old 06-11-2019, 06:41 PM
Enthusiast
Thread Starter
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 25
Default Re: P0C17 and P0C18 Tahoe Hybrid 2008

Originally Posted by S Keith View Post
Source of 40 modules?

all module and relay nuts torqued to 48 in-lb?

All connections confirmed secure?

12V fully charged and healthy?
Yes 40 cells now I see 295v
Yes all torque 48 in-lb
12v battery maybe not full charge but I see 14v in my dashboard
After starting arrow stand on the middle autostop but after 30-50second drop off
 

Last edited by Chicago38; 06-11-2019 at 06:45 PM.
  #32  
Old 06-11-2019, 06:43 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Mesa, AZ
Posts: 3,019
Default Re: P0C17 and P0C18 Tahoe Hybrid 2008

Originally Posted by Chicago38 View Post
Yes 40 cells now I see 295v
Yes all torque 48 in-lb
12v battery maybe not full charge but I see 14v in my dashboard
Module and pack voltage are not confirmation. What is the source of the 40 modules?
 
  #33  
Old 06-11-2019, 06:48 PM
Enthusiast
Thread Starter
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 25
Default Re: P0C17 and P0C18 Tahoe Hybrid 2008

Originally Posted by S Keith View Post
Module and pack voltage are not confirmation. What is the source of the 40 modules?
eBay but all pack balanced before install and I have warranty 1 year
 
  #34  
Old 06-11-2019, 06:51 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Mesa, AZ
Posts: 3,019
Default Re: P0C17 and P0C18 Tahoe Hybrid 2008

Were they from the source I linked? If so, great. If not, you probably bought 40 modules that don't even meet 50% of their rated capacity. Hope not.

Regardless, I don't know what's up. Found this:

https://gsi.ext.gm.com/gmspo/mode6/p...iagnostics.pdf

My guess is that you've discovered why the car got parked and the hybrid battery went flat.

Good luck.
 
  #35  
Old 06-12-2019, 04:00 PM
Enthusiast
Thread Starter
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 25
Default Re: P0C17 and P0C18 Tahoe Hybrid 2008

So now I clear all trouble code and gas engine still not started. I'm used Tech 2 scanner tool and I see electric motor has a rotation speed of 2000rpm when trying to start the engine. It looks like there is no launch signal gas engine.
 
  #36  
Old 06-13-2019, 11:23 PM
Enthusiast
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 36
Default Re: P0C17 and P0C18 Tahoe Hybrid 2008

P0C2F Control Module Drive Motor Speed - Engine Speed Correlation

One thing to check is the crankshaft position (CKP) sensor and its wiring. If the crankshaft rotation speed is too different from the calculated speed (from the electric motor speed and transmission ratio), it will give you this P0C2F code.

If gas engine speed is less than 1500 RPM, the code will be set when the difference between the CKP sensed engine speed and the calculated engine speed is greater than 1499 RPM for 1 second.

If gas engine speed is greater than 1500 RPM, the code will be set when the difference between the CKP sensed engine speed and the calculated engine speed is greater than 249 RPM for 1 second.

When the code is set, the hybrid powertrain control module (HPCM) commands the Battery Energy Control Module (BECM) to open the high voltage contactor relays.

The code will be cleared when the gas engine speed is greater than 500 RPM and the difference between CKP sensed engine speed and the calculated engine speed is less than 151 RPM.


Since you have the Tech 2 scanner, monitor and compare the Engine Speed and the Motor 1 Speed in the HPCM.
 

Last edited by Jaime; 06-13-2019 at 11:36 PM.
  #37  
Old 06-14-2019, 05:54 AM
Enthusiast
Thread Starter
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 25
Default Re: P0C17 and P0C18 Tahoe Hybrid 2008

Originally Posted by Jaime View Post
P0C2F Control Module Drive Motor Speed - Engine Speed Correlation

One thing to check is the crankshaft position (CKP) sensor and its wiring. If the crankshaft rotation speed is too different from the calculated speed (from the electric motor speed and transmission ratio), it will give you this P0C2F code.

If gas engine speed is less than 1500 RPM, the code will be set when the difference between the CKP sensed engine speed and the calculated engine speed is greater than 1499 RPM for 1 second.

If gas engine speed is greater than 1500 RPM, the code will be set when the difference between the CKP sensed engine speed and the calculated engine speed is greater than 249 RPM for 1 second.

When the code is set, the hybrid powertrain control module (HPCM) commands the Battery Energy Control Module (BECM) to open the high voltage contactor relays.

The code will be cleared when the gas engine speed is greater than 500 RPM and the difference between CKP sensed engine speed and the calculated engine speed is less than 151 RPM.


Since you have the Tech 2 scanner, monitor and compare the Engine Speed and the Motor 1 Speed in the HPCM.
I don't have this error anymore. But gas engine still not crank.
I have error code C0895
I check fuel pressure and I have fuel.
 
  #38  
Old 06-14-2019, 01:30 PM
Enthusiast
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 36
Default Re: P0C17 and P0C18 Tahoe Hybrid 2008

DTC C0895 00 Device Voltage – Electronic Suspension Control Module (ESCM) 12V
DTC C0895 03 Device Voltage Below Threshold – PSCM 42V
DTC C0895 07 Device Voltage Above Threshold – PSCM 42V
DTC C0895 12 Device Voltage Below Minimum Threshold – PSCM 42V

Do you have the additional 2 digits after the DTC code to narrow it down to one of the 4 codes above?
PSCM = Power Steering Control Module

Make sure your 12V battery is fully charged. A low 12V battery or bad wiring to the ESCM could cause that first code.
The other codes (03 and 12) can be caused because the Accessory Power Module (APM) has disabled 42V conversion so the PSCM is not reading 42V.
Any drive motor codes will disable the 42V conversion by the APM.
 
  #39  
Old 06-14-2019, 03:13 PM
Enthusiast
Thread Starter
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 25
Default Re: P0C17 and P0C18 Tahoe Hybrid 2008

Originally Posted by Jaime View Post
DTC C0895 00 Device Voltage Electronic Suspension Control Module (ESCM) 12V
DTC C0895 03 Device Voltage Below Threshold PSCM 42V
DTC C0895 07 Device Voltage Above Threshold PSCM 42V
DTC C0895 12 Device Voltage Below Minimum Threshold PSCM 42V

Do you have the additional 2 digits after the DTC code to narrow it down to one of the 4 codes above?
PSCM = Power Steering Control Module

Make sure your 12V battery is fully charged. A low 12V battery or bad wiring to the ESCM could cause that first code.
The other codes (03 and 12) can be caused because the Accessory Power Module (APM) has disabled 42V conversion so the PSCM is not reading 42V.
Any drive motor codes will disable the 42V conversion by the APM.
I have C0895 03 and C0895 12
So what I can do?
 
  #40  
Old 06-14-2019, 04:01 PM
Enthusiast
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 36
Default Re: P0C17 and P0C18 Tahoe Hybrid 2008

Keep on troubleshooting.
Found the following:

#PIT4820A: (hybrid) Service Power Steering Message With DTC C0895 - keywords 2-mode battery code electric hp2 indicator low mode module power PSCM two-mode voltage 2 - (Feb 16, 2011)

Condition/Concern:
You may experience a "Service Hybrid Message" on the Drivers Information Center (DIC) followed by a DTC C0895 set in the Power Steering Control Module (PSCM).

Recommendation/Instructions:
If you experience this message, please check all other module for diagnostic codes before addressing the C0895 DTC. Most likely the code was set due to a hybrid related concern that caused the 300 volt hybrid battery contactors to open which in return will set a C0895 code in the PSCM.


Clear the codes with your tool, and then also try disconnecting the 12V battery for some time.
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: P0C17 and P0C18 Tahoe Hybrid 2008


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.