Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   GM Hybrid Trucks, Cadillac Escalade Hybrid, Chevrolet Tahoe Hybrid & GMC Yukon Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/gm-hybrid-trucks-cadillac-escalade-hybrid-chevrolet-tahoe-hybrid-gmc-yukon-hybrid-69/)
-   -   Tahoe hybrid misfire? (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/gm-hybrid-trucks-cadillac-escalade-hybrid-chevrolet-tahoe-hybrid-gmc-yukon-hybrid-69/tahoe-hybrid-misfire-28560/)

Hermetics 02-02-2013 10:41 AM

Tahoe hybrid misfire?

So I have had my 2008 Hyhoe for around 6 months now. I love it to death but recently have been getting an intermittent check engine light. As of today it's been on consistently for the last 5 days and I received a report from onstar stating its possibly a misfire. I live in the NYC area and am not sure where I can bring it and feel confident the issue will be dealt with since its a hybrid and I am a bit weary if most mechanics. Any help from he forum would be great if someone knows good chevrolet dealers in the NYC area or what this issue could be.

Thanks in Advance.

Hillbilly_Hybrid 02-03-2013 05:28 PM

Re: Tahoe hybrid misfire?

This is most likely an engine issue. Have the dealer read any and all codes FIRST! Don't clear and "see what comes back". Then depending on the code and or what cylinder number is acting up, make sure the dealer does a bulletin search about the problem.

evois 02-03-2013 08:17 PM

how many miles? what gas are you using?

Hermetics 02-05-2013 11:07 AM

Thank you for the responses so far.

I use 91 and above only the best but can only hope its actually is what they say it is. I am in NYC so Sunoco, Mobil and BP typically. I recently added the Techron additive to my fuel ( actually two so far) and wonder if that has anything to do with it. I have like 1 month left on the powertrain so I better take it in soon.

evois 02-05-2013 12:08 PM

I find that by using top tier fuels, additives are not needed. did this happen after the additives then?

Hermetics 02-05-2013 12:19 PM

I have about 65000 miles. Just started using additives. It comes back from onstar with an error about emissions system which they said was a misfire.

Hermetics 02-05-2013 12:20 PM

I have about 65000 miles. Just started using additives. It comes back from onstar with an error about emissions system which they said was a misfire. It has happened before but the light never stayed on this long.

evois 02-10-2013 07:52 AM

if it is an emission component, I think it is a covered warranty until 80k? check your dealer.

Sadie And-Alan Adams 04-17-2013 07:36 PM

I had misfire, cylinder 4, 2008 Tahoe hybrid!!!!
Ended up being a stuck lifter causing the cam shaft lobe to wear down. Bring it to your dealer ASAP. They had to replace all lifters, cam shaft, and head, and I think it bent the valves too on cylinder 4.

cwracer 04-25-2013 03:10 PM

80k miles, cheapest fuel I find. no missfires, no knock. Don't waste your money on premium. I have cars that require premium, but this one does not.