Off Topic Politics, life, gadgets, people... gobbledygook.

Hybrid Batteries

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 12:00 AM
Prof. of Hybridology
Default Hybrid Batteries

LOL, Rayovac batteries have a new Rechargable NiMH battery out, called Hybrid Batteries, which they're advertising.

http://www.rayovac.com/recharge/index.shtml

I actually bought some myself, and they seem pretty good. I had some rechargables ages ago, which while they lasted 100 charges or so, only lasted half as long. But it's kind of funny that my car, MP3 player, and Remote Control Dalek all run on the same power technology essentially now.

Old 05-01-2007, 06:26 AM
Engineering first
Default Re: Hybrid Batteries

Hummmm, strap an 0.49 *** model airplane engine on the side connected to a homopolar generator and voila, a hybrid battery. <GRINS>

Bob Wilson

Old 05-01-2007, 06:48 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Hybrid Batteries

The Rayovac "Hybrid" NiMH batteries use the same design as the Sanyo Eneloop NiMH batteries. Both address the main complaint of NiMH battery users, self discharge. Normal NiMH batteries loose close to half their charge (or more!) in 30 days.

The Hybrid and Eneloop batteries changed the design, dramatically reducing self discharge at a cost of a slight reduction in capacity. They claim 85% charge remaining after a year. I have a few sets of the Eneloops, and they really do hold their charge longer.