'06 Escape Hybrid - 2 days and then problem...

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2006, 09:40 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: '06 Escape Hybrid - 2 days and then problem...

So I brought it in last night to worked on today since the new NAV unit came in. I got a call in the afternoon that the car is ready and my wife dropped me off this evening to pick up my FEH. Cranked up the engine and sure enough the problem is still there. I left it at the shop and basically showed the service advisor how upset I was. I asked that he opens another case record instead of appending it to the old one just in case I file a lemon law. I told him that I will do so if they can't fix this problem!!!

Anyone ever filed a lemon law? Please help just in case it gets there.

Thanks.

Old 05-05-2006, 06:33 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: '06 Escape Hybrid - 2 days and then problem...

You know. The thing some dealers don't understand is that its not that the problem isn't fixed. Sometimes it takes more than one try to find the problem.

Its that they APPARENTLY didn't even bother to verify the car worked properly before returning the vehicle. That is inexcusable.

It only happened to me once years ago. A dealer changed an alternator belt and forgot to reattach a vaccum hose... a small mistake, no real issue. Problem is when I started the vehicle to leave it stalled twice just pulling out of the parking space. I remember storming back in asking "HOW DID YOU GET IT OFF THE LIFT! DID YOU PUSH IT!"

I'm not sure I'd call the car a lemon yet. But the dealership is certainly looking like one.