07 Hybrid w/NAV and Sirius question

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 08:33 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default 07 Hybrid w/NAV and Sirius question

We want to install Sirius with our NAV. we want to install a removable unit so we can use with our new 5.1 home system. What is involved? I searched threads and the net and am still confused. Do I have to buy a wiring box from Ford and then the unit? Help!@

Old 01-10-2010, 09:52 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: 07 Hybrid w/NAV and Sirius question

I did some research on this for my 2006 FEH but there did not appear to be a good option. The Sirius FM units lack a satisfactory sound quality. There was no factory option for the NAV system. There were a couple of third-party interfaces that worked through the CD unit interface under the passenger seat. I will send you the information that I have if you send me your email address in a private message.

For home use, instead of Sirius, I would suggest that you look at the Internet radio systems. I bought two of these (both Logitech) and they are awesome--CD quality with about 17,000 channels, world-wide, to chose from. You can get these as standalone tabletop radios or as a stereo tuners which have digital output (both coaxial and optic) to your stereo receiver. You can also play your own music from an Ipod or from your computer (using Itunes and the server software available free from Logitech). Most of the internet channels are free but you can also subscribe to various services, including Sirius, as well. They also have what they call an Audiophile tuner, but that is pricey (about $1,700).