1200 miles and a Wrench?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2006, 10:39 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: 1200 miles and a Wrench?

Good point, Gary. I didn't think about that at the time I posted but you're right. The dealers will blame problems on outside work if they know it's been touched.

Keith, sorry about that. I read thru your post early this morning and missed the part where you took it back to your dealer.

Hang in there. You are going to be happy with the FEH once they work out this little problems.

Old 05-04-2006, 11:08 AM
World's First Hybrid

With my older nonhybrid cars, what I would do is reset the computer by disconnecting the power (battery or main fuse) then reconnect. Be sure the fuel cap is on tight (vacumm problems if not) then see if the engine light goes out. Or I would bring it to my buddy (stepson) at the dealer and he would do a reset using a scan gauge hooked up to the fuse box....

Old 05-04-2006, 12:11 PM
Escape Hybrid Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ralph_dog
With my older non-hybrid cars, what I would do is reset the computer by disconnecting the power (battery or main fuse) then reconnect. Be sure the fuel cap is on tight (vacuum problems if not) then see if the engine light goes out. Or I would bring it to my buddy (stepson) at the dealer and he would do a reset using a scan gauge hooked up to the fuse box....
Ralph - the first time they 'fixed' the problem they 'did' re-set the code, it was clear for about a week then Bam it was back. I know that it would probably re-set to off if I did as you say - disconnect the power - but that probably would mean loosing all the reference data. Like average miles per tank, I wouldn't be showing 520MTE. Don't want to start all that over again - plus re-setting all the radio buttons
Like I said the fuel mileage is better - why mess with it?