2006 FEH Stop Safely Now

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2012, 12:47 PM
Enthusiast
Default 2006 FEH Stop Safely Now

While driving at city street speeds (below 25mph) heard a loud beep, then saw the "Stop Safely Now" message and the red triangle dashboard warning light with the exclamation point.

The vehicle lurched and the engine immediately shut off. Stopped and pushed it into a parking space. After a few minutes, re-started the engine and re-parked it, under engine power, in a on-street space where I would not be ticketed.

I have read some of the threads here but I want to be prepared for what the dealer throws at me. Of note, I'm the original owner, and the car was purchased, registered and always titled in Maryland. 120K miles.

So if the service department states it the MECS, actuator blend valve or cooling fans are those covered under the warranty extension by Maryland law (150K miles)?

Should note, that other than the ABS tone ring issue (twice), I've never had any significant issues with the vehicle and the hybrid components have not failed (to date).

Thanks In Advance.

Any recommendations for a dealership in Baltimore, MD?

Old 08-24-2012, 10:06 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: 2006 FEH Stop Safely Now

Originally Posted by jdavis66
So if the service department states it the MECS, actuator blend valve or cooling fans are those covered under the warranty extension by Maryland law (150K miles)?
Cooling fans only.