2007 Ford Escape Hybrid won’t start ($100 to whoever gives me the right solution)

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2021, 01:11 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: 2007 Ford Escape Hybrid won’t start ($100 to whoever gives me the right solution)

Originally Posted by S Keith
Was unavailable Sat/Sun. Unfortunately, I can't confirm anything on the basis of your description.

I don't know the video to which you're referring, so I don't know its contents, or what you already know. I provide information on best/needed practices as well as an explanation of why it was important. Diodes are insanely cheap, prolific and provide multiple safety benefits to both hardware and personnel. Given the significance of the risk, I would be negligent if I assumed you already knew the information.
No worries. I got it charged. I ran the ammeter to the XT-60 connectors and I'm currently at around 347 volts. Now I'm trying to remember how to put this together. Do you have more photos over the internals of the HV battery you could share? I'm trying to remember which screws/bolts go where.

Old 10-04-2021, 04:22 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: 2007 Ford Escape Hybrid won’t start ($100 to whoever gives me the right solution)

Got the car started. Works well. ABS still wonky because it wasn't initialized so I have to press the brake all the way down and it barely works. Have to have it towed back to the shop to have them complete the ABS module initialization and I should be good to go.

I kept the black plastic enclosure around the relay off. I actually ended with extra bolts/screws so I know everything wasn't put back exactly as was but everything was still sturdy and not shifting.

​​​​​​

I'm going to split the payment since multiple people helped me. I'm going to send $50 to S Keith since it's basically his system and he came around and still helped me after we had our issues and $25 and $25 to two others. I'm doing this on my phone so I have to go back and review the post to remember who the two were because I don't remember the usernames from memory.

To those I'm sending payments to, let me know how you'd like the payment. If you want you can send me a Paypal Invoice and I'll pay it via there. Or just let me know.

Thank you to everyone who helped me!

Old 10-04-2021, 04:49 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I've been mostly "lurking" as all this has transpired, reading the saga via email, and I'm just glad you've made some progress - apparently without damaging anything but your sanity a little. I didn't help you, so don't offer to send me anything. I hope it all works out for you and you get to a better place with the car, because the good ones are worth the effort. Perseverance and fortitude go a long way - I once told ShadyEscape that he was basically "Up ***t Creek" but he turned that situation around very capably. And SKeith can be tough and blunt but in my experience he tells it like it is. You have to read some of his other posts on EVF - not just the ones in the FEH forum. I got my 2010 and he told me point blank that it's one of his "never own even if it was given to me" cars. Well, that hurt a little - to find out that this car I really liked and had spent a lot (for me) of money on was something he wouldn't take if it was free - but he explained why and frankly he's mostly correct about it: Ford deleting the rear A/C evaporator after 2009 was really a dumb move.

Last edited by AlexK; 10-04-2021 at 05:14 PM.
Old 10-04-2021, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by NDunfiltered
Got the car started. Works well. ABS still wonky because it wasn't initialized so I have to press the brake all the way down and it barely works.
I found slowly and firmly pressing the brake pedal down until it stops and releasing it, 3 times, usually fixes the brake pedal calibration. You may have to cycle the ignition off and back on to complete the calibration, but I've had the brakes start working normally without doing that.

Old 10-04-2021, 09:41 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nash
I found slowly and firmly pressing the brake pedal down until it stops and releasing it, 3 times, usually fixes the brake pedal calibration. You may have to cycle the ignition off and back on to complete the calibration, but I've had the brakes start working normally without doing that.
Well my issue started after having ABS lights come on and having it diagnosed. Not sure what they did during the procedure but the brakes are dangerously bad right now. I wouldn't trust it to drive on local roads. I'll give it a shot in a few minutes but I have to take it to the shop either way because I had the ABS replaced and they weren't able to initialize it because the car wasn't starting so currently i have an ABS code in FORScan.

Old 10-05-2021, 07:55 AM

The brown wire is stretched across two pieces of metal. This is a recipe for a broken wire at best and shorted terminals at worst. It should be fixed.

A $100 "reward" from a forum member is both a non-incentive and something of a joke. Keep your money. Assigning a value of $50 to my work and advice is disrespectful. Your other alternative was to spend $2000 at the dealership or on some other costly service/hardware, but this was only worth $50 to you. I hope the people who benefit from your work value it more than you value the work of others.

My advice is freely given to help others - not earn less than minimum wage from forum members.

Good luck with the ABS. I have no clue on that issue.

Old 10-05-2021, 08:20 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by S Keith
The brown wire is stretched across two pieces of metal. This is a recipe for a broken wire at best and shorted terminals at worst. It should be fixed.

A $100 "reward" from a forum member is both a non-incentive and something of a joke. Keep your money. Assigning a value of $50 to my work and advice is disrespectful. Your other alternative was to spend $2000 at the dealership or on some other costly service/hardware, but this was only worth $50 to you. I hope the people who benefit from your work value it more than you value the work of others.

My advice is freely given to help others - not earn less than minimum wage from forum members.

Good luck with the ABS. I have no clue on that issue.

​​​​​This is why you and I don't get along - your propensity to delusionally overvalue your own worth. So I saw your post about building the charger prior to me even joining this forum. It was public information found via Google search the moment you posted it and it wasn't made to directly help me. You didn't spend a minute on my vehicle or to build the charger for me or wire anything or take apart the HV battery. Max, you probably spent 20 minutes to type in this post and I'll say 20% of that time was spent being condescending and blatantly rude. So let's even give you 20 minutes of sitting in front of a computer and typing, referring me to a post that was public information that I had already found on a Google search. So $50 for MAYBE 20 minutes of typing actually equates to $150 an hour. And instead of just being grateful that someone was willing to even pay you a buck when you have THOUSANDS of posts where you likely didn't make a penny from, let alone a thank you (I guarantee you people have used your post to make the charger and fix their car and never even joined the forum), you decide to act like people are supposed to kiss your *** and inflate your already about to burst from the pressure ego.

And $2000? No. The issue was already diagnosed at a shop where I paid the normal rate. Other people on this forum actually just motivated me to try making the charger when I was already aware of how to make it but just lacked confidence to do it. You didn't help me with that. And the dealership requoted me at $320 to recharge the HV battery. I had to buy tools and all the parts so I ended up spending probably $150ish. Omg. You saved me $170!!! Thank you Lord S Keith. Cut the bullshit man. Stop being so **** obnoxious. Good way to make someone you actually helped feel completely unappreciative.

Really hope that's not how you treat your real life customers or you have someone who handles all customer relations because you are absolutely atrocious at maintaining civil conversation with anyone.

I literally didn't have ANY ISSUES on this forum aside from with you. Smh

Bye man.

Edited: oh wait - I spent over $60 for the ammeter so you saved be less than $100. The Lord and Savior S Keith. Everybody stand up and salute him and hold until he posts "At ease." And you all better attend his Medal of Honor ceremony! 🤣 What a clown.

Last edited by NDunfiltered; 10-05-2021 at 08:57 AM.
Old 10-05-2021, 10:34 AM

I vote that the moderators cancel NDUnfiltered's account and block his IP address. He's an abusive jerk who doesn't know the first thing about what he's doing. And I also vote that nobody should help him again in the future if he shows up under a different name. His style isn't hard to identify. I know I'm never helping him again.

Last edited by AlexK; 10-05-2021 at 10:39 AM.
Old 10-05-2021, 10:54 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AlexK
I vote that the moderators cancel NDUnfiltered's account and block his IP address. He's an abusive jerk who doesn't know the first thing about what he's doing. And I also vote that nobody should help him again in the future if he shows up under a different name. His style isn't hard to identify. I know I'm never helping him again.
An "abusive jerk" when I've been cordial, respectful, and appreciative of every single other person - actually - including S Keith until he started on his condescending passive aggressive rants, right? Abusive when you and I have been communicating perfectly fine. Makes sense.

I find it hilarious. Continue your mob mentality/outrage culture nonsense - shouldn't expect any less. It is the internet - smh.

And to think I was going to split the $100 between two others and you were next in line because of the amount of time you spent responding back. Guess it will move on to two others.

Econoline (I think that's the username) and the other username I believe was Shady something - send me PMs with how you'd like your payment. Sorry - I'm still on my phone and in the response section it doesn't show the entire post and if I back out it will delete the response I typed.

Guess I'm so wrong for thinking it's absolutely obnoxious to condemn someone for not paying shop prices to someone who probably spent less than 20 minutes replying to me on a forum and the large bulk of that said advice is only directing me to a post he made for others all while being pretentious. And that same person has thousands of posts helping people and not getting a cent for it but meanwhile $50 for 20 minutes of typing was disrespectful. Right....... 🤣 continue with the buffoonery and sideline cheerleading though.

Oh yeah - and doesn't know a thing about what I'm doing right? So I guess that's an objective reasoning to block people off a forum where people who don't know what the hell they're doing come for help. Makes sense. 😆

Last edited by NDunfiltered; 10-05-2021 at 11:01 AM.
Old 10-05-2021, 11:45 AM

The thing is... I don't have to value my work. Others do it for me, and it's well above the minimum wage.

The irony is that had you just been able to follow directions, you wouldn't have needed to post at all. Those resources have helped MANY other folks without any assignment of value or request for or offer of payment. THAT is the true value of the work, but I doubt you can understand that.

You came here already knowing what your problem was and thus knew better than anyone trying to help you. Your delusions about your own competence and your lack of understanding of your own reality ("battery has never been replaced") necessitated nearly 50 posts of pollution that add no value to the forum. Ultimately, we had all the answers to resolve your problem, and you had nothing to contribute but strife.

You still cling to the idea that $100 holds any meaning to contributors. Maybe the others will accept, but it violates the spirit of places like this. You've tried to make it transactional. I hope that's not how you are with most of your relationships.

Quick Reply: 2007 Ford Escape Hybrid won’t start ($100 to whoever gives me the right solution)

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands