2008 FEH, MMH Info?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2006, 10:01 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: 2008 FEH, MMH Info?

Originally Posted by wvujeb
There appears to be an audio axiliary jack at the very bottom of the console. I'm glad that they at least added that.
Though, possibly not with the Nav/Hybrid system.

Old 10-06-2006, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by TeeSter
Frankly alot of the Ford interiors are ugly these days. I had a Fusion as a loaner and WOW... UUUUUUUUUUGLY console in the middle...
The new CEO told (ordered?) the designers to push the envelope, and don't worry if 1/2 of America thought their designs were ugly (as long as the other 1/2 of America liked it and each bought one).

I agree. It seems that the CEO got his wish. The designers are making designs which are ugly.

Old 10-06-2006, 10:43 AM

I don't like manufactures who use integrated radio systems as opposed to ones that can be swapped out with aftermarket single, 1.5, or double DIN units. If you don't like the radio in this vehicle you are SOL. I'd like to see what the Hybrid/Nav unit looks like in the console.

Old 10-06-2006, 10:48 AM
occ
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

What's the deal with the center console?!? I guess I'm glad I didnt wait for the 08.

However, I do like (and used to) the foot emergency brakes...but that's minor.

Improvement on transition between Edrive and ICE! Not that the current 06-07 isnt already pretty smooth IMO, that would be great...perhaps at a higher EV mph as well?

2WD MMH...not bad...I think that's a smart move.

What?!? No Plug-in receptacle?

Old 10-06-2006, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by occ
However, I do like (and used to) the foot emergency brakes...but that's minor.
All I remember, is if the foot brake got any mud, slush, snow, or whatever on it, when you pulled the release, it would throw all that stuff at you.

Old 10-06-2006, 12:47 PM
Active Enthusiast

I've never had that happen Walt but thats funny.

Old 10-06-2006, 06:44 PM
Active Enthusiast

www.drivezen.com is active. It has some more details and the colors available.

The navigation system will be dvd-based and consist of a 6 1/2" touchscreen.

They definitely did that right. The more that I read about the features, the more I think I might actually wait and get one of these. I'll have to think about it for a bit.

The site has a list of tour dates but it only goes until the end of the year right now.

Old 10-07-2006, 05:18 PM

Wonder if the '08 will have stability control?

Control of regenerative braking during a yaw stability control event

The present invention is a method and system to control regenerative braking during the operation of a yaw stability control system. The method and system use feedback control algorithms to monitor and dynamically modify regenerative and non-regenerative braking. The controller can use a simple proportional-integral-derivative feedback controller. A vehicle yaw stability control system can determine if a vehicle is experiencing an oversteer or understeer condition. The controller compares actual brake balance to a desired brake balance. The controller determines if the front axle wheels are overbraked relative to the rear axle wheels or if the rear axle wheels are overbraked relative to the front axle wheels as compared to the desired brake balance. The controller can adjust regenerative braking and non-regenerative braking levels according to the determinations.

http://www.freepatentsonline.com/7093912.html

GaryG

Old 10-07-2006, 05:49 PM

There is a ton of info supplied here:
http://www.autoblog.com/2006/10/06/2...iner-revealed/

AdvanceTrac ® with RSC ® Enhances Mariner's Resistance to Rolling Over

Every non-hybrid 2008 Mariner comes standard with Advance Trac ® with RSC ®, a Ford Motor Company-exclusive roll stability control and active safety system not offered by any other manufacturer.

This active stability enhancement system offers a significant difference when compared to typical electronic stability control systems. While typical systems are designed to control yaw or spinout only, Ford Motor Company's AdvanceTrac ® with RSC ® goes one important step further: it can enhance the vehicle's resistance to rolling over.

Most systems use one gyroscopic yaw-rate sensor as they work to control yaw. AdvanceTrac ® with RSC ® uses a second gyroscopic roll-rate sensor to determine the vehicle's body roll angle and roll rate. If this roll-rate sensor detects a significant roll angle, the system applies additional countermeasures – such as applying brakes to one or more wheels or reducing engine power – to enhance vehicle rollover resistance. AdvanceTrac ® with RSC ® is an integrated system of four major components that include:

Anti-lock Brake System (ABS): ABS regulates brake pressure to help prevent wheel lockup when trying to stop the vehicle.

Traction Control: When the traction control system detects a loss of adhesion between the wheels and the road surface, a computer quickly responds by reducing engine power when necessary and selectively applying brake force to the slipping wheel while transferring power to the opposite wheel.

Yaw Control: When understeer (which leads to "pushing" wide in a turn) or oversteer (which leads to the rear-end losing grip and coming around, or "fishtailing") is detected, the system selectively applies individual brakes and modifies engine power to maximize control.

Vehicle Roll-motion Sensor: The Ford-exclusive gyroscopic roll-rate sensor helps monitor vehicle roll motion approximately 150 times per second. If it detects a significant roll angle, it automatically engages AdvanceTrac ® with RSC ® to help keep all four wheels safely on the ground.

AdvanceTrac ® with RSC ®is automatically engaged every time the vehicle is started. A switch lets drivers turn the traction control system and AdvanceTrac ® off when they may want the wheels to spin freely to help the tires "dig" for traction, such as during low-speed off-road driving or when traveling through deep snow or mud.

Ford is the first automaker to develop AdvanceTrac ® with RSC ® technology and has more than 80 patents and patent applications pending worldwide for the system. Ford Motor Company is making the technology available to other companies and automakers through licensing agreements.

Old 10-07-2006, 07:20 PM

Hi Tim

It looks like it will be standard on the non-hybrid MM, but now we know they have the patent on the system for Hybrid regen. The big question is, are they ready to offer it standard or optional on the FEH & MMH.

Ford needs to go to a lithium ion battery ASAP and they may need a big adjustment in their pricing. Things like adding stability control just adds to the bottom loss of the FEH & MMH IMO.

GaryG

Quick Reply: 2008 FEH, MMH Info?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands