2008 Floor Mats (Carpeted Ford Accessory) Fit?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 05:37 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default 2008 Floor Mats (Carpeted Ford Accessory) Fit?

Has anyone ordered the carpeted floor Mats for the 2008s?

I just got mine in and would love to know if yours fit correctly. The passenger side is a little too wide, driver's side not really wide enough, and the rears are too tall (rest over the mounting points of the front seats.)

Other than that they are a nicer, and larger (maybe too much so) version of what comes on the vehicle standard. The logo isn't too bad either, although I would have liked them to say Hybrid instead with the leaf logo too...

I'd think they are using the same pattern as the all-weather rubber mats, so if you have those do they fit?

Last edited by leoashton; 12-14-2007 at 07:47 PM.
Old 12-16-2007, 04:07 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: 2008 Floor Mats (Carpeted Ford Accessory) Fit?

I've got the Husky liners all around (front, middle and cargo) and love them. I've got the factory mats in storage and probably will until (if) I sell. I will say that I wish the Husky Cargo liner covered the back of the seats when they are folded down. To that end I know there are other cargo liners that I've seen used by others on this forum that do go up the dack of the back seats.

With the Husky liners, all I have to do is vacuum (shop vac) and wipe. Under the mats stay as clean as the day I picked my FEH up. And in the looks department, no one (including my wife) has complained and I've even gotten a few questions about where I got them from interested viewers.

Well worth the investment!

Old 12-16-2007, 08:05 PM
Active Enthusiast

Those sound like a good deal, but having come from a Honda Element I like the look and feel of carpet

I do like the look of these "upgraded" carpet mats, but will not keep them unless they are supposed to fit the car the way the accessories catalog says they will. I have sent an email to the dealer I got them from (partscheap.com) hopefully they can be helpful. I sure will not want to pay 20% restocking because Ford (or contractor) can't cut (or make) a pattern correctly.

Old 12-17-2007, 05:48 PM
Enthusiast

I have the all weather rubber mats and they fit great. I'll probably leave them in year round as they are super easy to clean and look great as well!

Old 12-18-2007, 05:41 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by leoashton
I just got mine in and would love to know if yours fit correctly. The passenger side is a little too wide, driver's side not really wide enough, and the rears are too tall (rest over the mounting points of the front seats.)
Are you sure you got the ones for the '08, and not possibly, the ones for the '07 or older?

Plus, did you get them from a Ford dealer, or on eBay? There are several sellers on eBay which sell "factory seconds" mats. Yea, they have a Ford P/N on them, but typically have someone wrong with them too.

Old 12-18-2007, 08:28 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WaltPA
Are you sure you got the ones for the '08, and not possibly, the ones for the '07 or older?

Plus, did you get them from a Ford dealer, or on eBay? There are several sellers on eBay which sell "factory seconds" mats. Yea, they have a Ford P/N on them, but typically have someone wrong with them too.

Thanks WaltPA- Got these from partscheap.com (Wittmeier Ford in Chico, CA) Here is their response I received today to my email asking about their fit:

Leo, the mats are the same part number from 2007 to 2008. That is why it
says 2007. Make sure you cut off the rubber tabs on the front and rear of
the mats. Those might cause them not to fit properly. Other than that they
should fit, you can try adjusting them around.
So... looks to me like there were enough interior changes between 07 & 08 to warrant changes to the mat pattern, no? Not to mention the fact that it appears he thinks the mats are the rubber ones as the carpeted mats don't have "rubber tabs" to cut off

I checked the part number for these against 3 other websites & the Ford Accessory website, and they all check out as the same, for 2008 Escape.

Last edited by leoashton; 12-18-2007 at 08:45 PM.