6 Disc CD Player Problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2006, 03:36 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: 6 Disc CD Player Problem

The situation seems to be going from bad to worse. Nobody from the dealership called me on Monday to tell me my CD player had arrived as they had promised. I called Tuesday morning and left a message for my service representative. Nobody called me back by 1:00 pm so I gave them a second call. My service rep told me that the company that provides the CD players for Ford in this area was insisting that they sent the correct CD player. The service rep told me he is getting in touch with parts company supervisor to try and resolve the dispute. The service rep said he will call me Wednesday morning and let me know when the correct CD player is expected to arrive. In the meantime I have no CD player to play my music.

Don't get me wrong I love my little 2006 FEH, but this is precisely the type of stuff that causes Ford and other American auto manufactures to get their clocks cleaned by Japanese and other Asian automakers. Ironically, I saw Bill Ford on TV the other day and he was trying to tell the public that Ford suffers from a "perception problem." Somebody needs to get that guy out of Detroit and let him see and experience what his customers go through. It is more than perception it is reality. I will keep you folks posted on this saga!!!

Old 02-14-2006, 04:55 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

off topic/ kinda on topic,

I took my 02 windstar into the dealer due to the brakes were not stopping the van in reverse, but would stop in drive.. Dropped it off & they had it 2 weeks and called me to come pick it up as they could not find anything wrong.?.. "2 wks" I had to be dropped off at the dealer. I then picked up the van drove off the lot. I got 4 miles from the dealer in a 50 mph zone and had a car pull out infront of me cutting accross the hwy.. I slammed on the brakes, WHAT BRAKES none nada.. I managed to avoid the car and got turned around drove it back and had to E-brake through the service drive ' I got lots of attention from the squaling tires as I came to a stop'. they checked the computer and found the ABS computer brain was dead causing the brakes to malfunction... 2 days later the van was fixed ..

Some times its an eye opener how much we rely on comupters in everyday life..

Old 02-17-2006, 10:27 PM
Enthusiast

I finally got my replacement CD player installed in my FEH. It took one week to get this done.